The Return of Darren
Ugh, we lost to Auburn. Dee of course called me about an hour after the game, but I didn't pick up the phone; didn't wanna hear it. But we sucked. We deserved to lose. I just don't wanna have to hear about it when we're in Rome in 2 weeks, but of course, we will.
Alice is back, and we are in the process of planning to have a party when exams are over. She helped me hang my picture (finally!). Then we watched Under the Tuscan Sun. I enjoyed it almost in spite of myself. Frances keeps asking an interesting question: "why does love make us so stupid?" She talks about love being blind and how we just pretty naively believe only the best about the one show affection toward. Some food for thought.
Ok, so yesterday, I started searching for stuff on Darren's new album, and I really want it and don't know if I can wait til Christmas! Here's one off the album:
Are my lips unkissable? Are my eyes unlookable?
Is my skin untouchable? Am I unlovable?
Cynical, jaded, faithless, disappointed, disillusioned, used
If I could take back all my sweat, my tears, my sex, my joy I would
My time, my love, my effort, passion, dedication
In case of mistaken identity I gave these things to you
If I sound angry, bitter, sad, infatuated, it's the truth
Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, just a few
Stages of acceptance that it's really over
It's just so complicated and I'm stupid for believing in you
You make me feel like my father never loved me
You make me feel like the act of love is empty
Am I so unlovable? Is my skin untouchable?
Do I remind you of a part of you that you don't like?
I had your back, I held you up, I told you you were good enough
It was not reciprocated, you kept affection and yourself apart
You fed your love to me like crumbs to pigeons in the park
Sometimes I think you're satisfied to see me begging like a dog
I wasn't armoured, you were king, I gave my everything
Because sometimes you showed me just a hint of you and then
For just a moment I romanticised the notion
I can take away the torment, I can love you like they never did
You make me feel like my father never loved me (you never loved me)
You make me feel like the act of love is empty (I felt so empty)
Am I so unlovable? Is my skin untouchable?
Do I remind you of a part of you that you don't like?
You make me feel like my mother, she abandoned me (you abandoned me)
You make me feel like the act of love is empty (I felt so empty)
Am I so unlovable? Is my heart unbreakable?
Do I remind you of a part of you that you despise?
Are my lips unkissable? Are my eyes unlookable?
Is my sex undoable? Am I unlovable?
Are my words unlistenable? Are my hands untouchable?
Am I undesirable? Am I unlovable?
-"Unlovable" Darren Hayes
Alice is back, and we are in the process of planning to have a party when exams are over. She helped me hang my picture (finally!). Then we watched Under the Tuscan Sun. I enjoyed it almost in spite of myself. Frances keeps asking an interesting question: "why does love make us so stupid?" She talks about love being blind and how we just pretty naively believe only the best about the one show affection toward. Some food for thought.
Ok, so yesterday, I started searching for stuff on Darren's new album, and I really want it and don't know if I can wait til Christmas! Here's one off the album:
Are my lips unkissable? Are my eyes unlookable?
Is my skin untouchable? Am I unlovable?
Cynical, jaded, faithless, disappointed, disillusioned, used
If I could take back all my sweat, my tears, my sex, my joy I would
My time, my love, my effort, passion, dedication
In case of mistaken identity I gave these things to you
If I sound angry, bitter, sad, infatuated, it's the truth
Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, just a few
Stages of acceptance that it's really over
It's just so complicated and I'm stupid for believing in you
You make me feel like my father never loved me
You make me feel like the act of love is empty
Am I so unlovable? Is my skin untouchable?
Do I remind you of a part of you that you don't like?
I had your back, I held you up, I told you you were good enough
It was not reciprocated, you kept affection and yourself apart
You fed your love to me like crumbs to pigeons in the park
Sometimes I think you're satisfied to see me begging like a dog
I wasn't armoured, you were king, I gave my everything
Because sometimes you showed me just a hint of you and then
For just a moment I romanticised the notion
I can take away the torment, I can love you like they never did
You make me feel like my father never loved me (you never loved me)
You make me feel like the act of love is empty (I felt so empty)
Am I so unlovable? Is my skin untouchable?
Do I remind you of a part of you that you don't like?
You make me feel like my mother, she abandoned me (you abandoned me)
You make me feel like the act of love is empty (I felt so empty)
Am I so unlovable? Is my heart unbreakable?
Do I remind you of a part of you that you despise?
Are my lips unkissable? Are my eyes unlookable?
Is my sex undoable? Am I unlovable?
Are my words unlistenable? Are my hands untouchable?
Am I undesirable? Am I unlovable?
-"Unlovable" Darren Hayes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home