Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Stress and the release

Yeah, so the last few days have been really stressful. Biostats test was harder than I thought; epi not nearly as bad as expected (only got a 95 though). Then the election results started rolling in. I tried to stay up late, but I passed out around midnight. The entire demeanor of the College is down. Everyone's upset at the re-election. (Well, except for that one Bob Jones Univ alum I was studying with yesterday, but he's weird anyway.) Today was pretty cool. I slept in and went to a seminar on genetic epi, which was really really interesting to me. I'm still trying to avoid switching to biostats or epi. I watched both Kerry and Bush's speeches (concession and victory respectively) and tried not to cry. Then on to GHSA and class. Kelly did a good lecture, but Tiff, Cara, Ali, and I kept cracking each other up. Wrote letters to Aunt Linda and Grandmother, which will go out Friday. Oh, and the only response to my email was "I've been busy. I'll call you either Thurs or Sat night." No shit, I know you've been busy; I have been too. Oh well, we'll see what he has to say when/if the phone call ever happens.

"Take your records take your freedom
Take your memories I don't need 'em
Take your space and take your reasons
But you'll think of me
And take your cat and leave my sweater
Cuz we have nothing left to weather
In fact I'll feel a whole lot better
But you'll think of me."
-Keith Urban "You'll Think of Me"

2 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    I really wanted to send these to you quickly, and thought posting here would be just as well. I was making myself a CD and while looking through tracks on the Maroon 5 CD I found this song. You might like, it's pretty catchy.

    "Through With You"

    Can you see me
    Floating above your head
    As you lay in bed
    Thinking about everything
    That you did not do
    Cause saying I love you
    Has nothing to do with meaning it

    And I don't trust you
    Cause every time you're here
    Your intentions are unclear
    I spend every hour waiting for a phone call
    That I know will never come
    I used to think you were the one
    Now I'm sick of thinking anything at all

    You ain't ever coming back to me
    That's not how things were supposed to be
    You take my hand just to give it back
    No other lover has ever done that

    Do you remember
    The way we used to melt
    Do you remember how it felt
    When I touched you
    Oh cause I remember very well

    And how long has it been
    Since someone you let in
    Has given what I gave to you

    And at night when you sleep
    Do you dream I would be there
    Just for a minute or two do you?

    You ain't ever coming back to me
    That's not how things were supposed to be
    You take my hand just to give it back
    No other lover has ever done that

    Heartache heartache I just have so much
    A simple love with a complex touch
    There is nothing you can say or do
    I called to let you know I'm through with you

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Residenseeeeeee said…

    Wow chica. That's a fantastic song. So appropriate too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home