"There's a letter on the desktop..."
"To guys who are into us," Vanessa proudly toasted when I was home two weeks ago. We both beamed and took our shot, elated that we had guys in our lives who realized what amazing women we are. But sometimes I seriously doubt how "into me" you are. I really feel like I am putting myself out there more than you are. I think I'm the one who is putting in all the effort into seeing if this thing between us will work. I don't really appreciate the 20 hours that elapsed between when I left you a voicemail and when you returned my call. What exacerbated this problem was that I was supposed to return your sunglasses that night and had killed 2 hours waiting for you to call before I finally went home. This makes me doubt that you're "into me," mostly because for weeks we wouldn't go a single day without talking, even if it was just to say hi. I miss that.
As for what happened Tuesday, I realize now that I very much overreacted to the situation. You see, for a while at the beginning, I wanted you to promise me two things: that you would say what you mean and mean what you say and that everything you did with me and for me would be something you wanted to do, not something you felt you had to do. Tuesday, I felt that the first of those was breached in a big way. Please don't say things you don't mean, and I will do the absolute best I can to do the same with you.
While you do claim to have the same personality type as me, I believe that I am more of each aspect than you are, especially the "J". I cannot deal with unplanned things. It drives me crazy (and not in the good way) when you don't tell me that you have work to do all weekend long when I had my hopes up that we could spend time together. And when I tell you about plans I have and invite you to come along, it bothers me when there is neither a yes nor a no as a response from you.
I suppose the thing that is bothering me the most is the lack of any definition of what we are. Once again, this goes back to being a "J". I've had countless people ask me if we're dating, if we're boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. I simply cannot answer them because the subject hasn't even been brought up. I think if I knew what we are, then I would not be as worried when you didn't call me every day.
I realize that most of this is partly my fault as well. I have not been totally straightforward with you when something is bothering me, and it all came out in one moment Tuesday. I'm sorry for that. I will try to do better in the future.
As for what happened Tuesday, I realize now that I very much overreacted to the situation. You see, for a while at the beginning, I wanted you to promise me two things: that you would say what you mean and mean what you say and that everything you did with me and for me would be something you wanted to do, not something you felt you had to do. Tuesday, I felt that the first of those was breached in a big way. Please don't say things you don't mean, and I will do the absolute best I can to do the same with you.
While you do claim to have the same personality type as me, I believe that I am more of each aspect than you are, especially the "J". I cannot deal with unplanned things. It drives me crazy (and not in the good way) when you don't tell me that you have work to do all weekend long when I had my hopes up that we could spend time together. And when I tell you about plans I have and invite you to come along, it bothers me when there is neither a yes nor a no as a response from you.
I suppose the thing that is bothering me the most is the lack of any definition of what we are. Once again, this goes back to being a "J". I've had countless people ask me if we're dating, if we're boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. I simply cannot answer them because the subject hasn't even been brought up. I think if I knew what we are, then I would not be as worried when you didn't call me every day.
I realize that most of this is partly my fault as well. I have not been totally straightforward with you when something is bothering me, and it all came out in one moment Tuesday. I'm sorry for that. I will try to do better in the future.

1 Comments:
At 11:43 PM,
Vanessa said…
If anything, I just want to put your mind at ease. It seems like you've been uber-stressed lately with C.K. (Ask me later).
Dudette, you have to read the latest Glamour (with Renee Zellweger on the cover). You know how we've been clamoring for insight into the male psyche ... well this article called "6 Mystery Moods Men Get Into" is just what I wanted to read. You might like it too...
Post a Comment
<< Home