Nice Guy
Wow, what a couple of days it's been. Yesterday was a lot of church stuff and then forcing my brother to accept the fact that he has to get me from the airport at 7:40 am Friday. "There's a 7:40 AM?" he asked, trying to be funny. Only my brother...
Today was pretty usual, except that I met with my advisor, who royally confused me. Ya gotta love when your department is in upheaval, and you can't know in advance which courses will be offered the following semester. I think I have the spring figured out, but the fall is a big fat question mark. I ran into the guy from Epi tonight (I hate that I can't remember his name). It really baffles me how he can make me laugh like Bill does, but I've spent maybe one hour of my life with him. Too bad he's ultra-conservative. In Kristin's words: "despite it all, he's a nice guy." I left tonight with this mega-smile on my face bc he said, "oh btw, hit me with your best shot." (I had told him that that song is my fav to do on karaoke.)
Don't know if I have a thought for the day or not. Nothing really spectacular. But the song is one I haven't heard in a while but heard on the way home from Jazzercise this morning.
I don't want you to give it all up
And leave your own life collecting dust
And I don't want you to feel sorry for me
You never gave us a chance to be
And I don't need you to be by my side
To tell me that everything's alright
I just wanted you to tell me the truth
You know I'd do that for you
So why are you running away?
So why are you running away?
Cause I did enough to show you that I
Was willing to give and sacrifice
And I was the one who was lifting you up
When you thought your life had had enough
And when I get close, you turn away
There's nothing that I can do or say
So now I need you to tell me the truth
You know I'd do that for you
So why are you running away?
Why are you running away?
Is it me, is it you
Nothing that I can do
To make you change your mind
Is it me, is it you
Nothing that I can do
Is it a waste of time?
Is it me, is it you
Nothing that I can do
To make you change your mind
So why are you running away?
Why are you running away?
...What is it I've got to say...
So why are you running away?
...To make you admit you're afraid...
Why are you running away?
-Hoobastank "Running Away"
Today was pretty usual, except that I met with my advisor, who royally confused me. Ya gotta love when your department is in upheaval, and you can't know in advance which courses will be offered the following semester. I think I have the spring figured out, but the fall is a big fat question mark. I ran into the guy from Epi tonight (I hate that I can't remember his name). It really baffles me how he can make me laugh like Bill does, but I've spent maybe one hour of my life with him. Too bad he's ultra-conservative. In Kristin's words: "despite it all, he's a nice guy." I left tonight with this mega-smile on my face bc he said, "oh btw, hit me with your best shot." (I had told him that that song is my fav to do on karaoke.)
Don't know if I have a thought for the day or not. Nothing really spectacular. But the song is one I haven't heard in a while but heard on the way home from Jazzercise this morning.
I don't want you to give it all up
And leave your own life collecting dust
And I don't want you to feel sorry for me
You never gave us a chance to be
And I don't need you to be by my side
To tell me that everything's alright
I just wanted you to tell me the truth
You know I'd do that for you
So why are you running away?
So why are you running away?
Cause I did enough to show you that I
Was willing to give and sacrifice
And I was the one who was lifting you up
When you thought your life had had enough
And when I get close, you turn away
There's nothing that I can do or say
So now I need you to tell me the truth
You know I'd do that for you
So why are you running away?
Why are you running away?
Is it me, is it you
Nothing that I can do
To make you change your mind
Is it me, is it you
Nothing that I can do
Is it a waste of time?
Is it me, is it you
Nothing that I can do
To make you change your mind
So why are you running away?
Why are you running away?
...What is it I've got to say...
So why are you running away?
...To make you admit you're afraid...
Why are you running away?
-Hoobastank "Running Away"

1 Comments:
At 12:42 PM,
Vanessa said…
Well, in regards to the ultra-conservative ... would this be a case of "opposites attract"? Are we also already weary of nice guys? Nice guys do make nice friends though.
Post a Comment
<< Home