Old Standby
So today was long, and tomorrow's going to be even longer. Great quote from Jazzercise this morning: "Maria, you look great! What have you been doing lately?" "I've been having sex 3 times a day." I hope I'm getting that much action at 45, which is how old Maria is. Anyways, there's really not much to say about today. Kate and I mostly planned Fri night when I get into NOLA. Party at her place! I am going to get no sleep this weekend.
Ok, gonna use an old standby for my lyrics. It's amazing to me how you think a song can apply to one person in your life, when it suddenly stands for a new one. This song finished right before Kirk knocked on my door the night he broke up with me. Coincidence? I think not.
Got out of town on a boat goin' to southern islands
Sailing a reach before a followin' sea.
She was makin' for the trades on the outside,
And the downhill run to Papeete Bay.
Off the wind on this heading lie the Marquesas.
We got eighty feet of the waterline
Nicely making way.
In a noisy bar in Avalon I tried to call you,
But on a midnight watch I realized why twice you ran away.
Think about how many times I have fallen.
Spirits are using me, larger voices callin'.
What Heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten.
I have been around the world,
Lookin' for that woman, girl,
Who knows love can endure,
And you know it will (and you know it will).
When you see the Southern Cross for the first time,
You understand now why you came this way,
'Cause the truth you might be runnin' from is so small,
But it's as big as the promise, the promise of a coming day.
So I'm sailing for tomorrow, my dreams are a-dyin',
And my love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.
I have my ship and all her flags are a-flyin'.
She is all that I have left and music is her name.
Think about how many times I have fallen.
Spirits are using me, larger voices callin'.
What Heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten.
I have been around the world,
Lookin' for that woman, girl,
Who knows love can endure,
And you know it will (and you know it will).
So we cheated and we lied and we tested,
And we never failed to fail, it was the easiest thing to do.
You will survive being bested,
But somebody fine [and strong] will come along
Make me forget about loving you
At the Southern Cross.
-Crosby, Stills, and Nash "Southern Cross"
Ok, gonna use an old standby for my lyrics. It's amazing to me how you think a song can apply to one person in your life, when it suddenly stands for a new one. This song finished right before Kirk knocked on my door the night he broke up with me. Coincidence? I think not.
Got out of town on a boat goin' to southern islands
Sailing a reach before a followin' sea.
She was makin' for the trades on the outside,
And the downhill run to Papeete Bay.
Off the wind on this heading lie the Marquesas.
We got eighty feet of the waterline
Nicely making way.
In a noisy bar in Avalon I tried to call you,
But on a midnight watch I realized why twice you ran away.
Think about how many times I have fallen.
Spirits are using me, larger voices callin'.
What Heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten.
I have been around the world,
Lookin' for that woman, girl,
Who knows love can endure,
And you know it will (and you know it will).
When you see the Southern Cross for the first time,
You understand now why you came this way,
'Cause the truth you might be runnin' from is so small,
But it's as big as the promise, the promise of a coming day.
So I'm sailing for tomorrow, my dreams are a-dyin',
And my love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.
I have my ship and all her flags are a-flyin'.
She is all that I have left and music is her name.
Think about how many times I have fallen.
Spirits are using me, larger voices callin'.
What Heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten.
I have been around the world,
Lookin' for that woman, girl,
Who knows love can endure,
And you know it will (and you know it will).
So we cheated and we lied and we tested,
And we never failed to fail, it was the easiest thing to do.
You will survive being bested,
But somebody fine [and strong] will come along
Make me forget about loving you
At the Southern Cross.
-Crosby, Stills, and Nash "Southern Cross"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home