Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Gender of computers

So I went to the computer lab today and spent 2 hours trying to do my Computer Apps project. I did the easy part, but have no clue how to even start on the hard part. I did do some stuff for my online classes and went to a meeting about the Florida Epidemic Intelligence Service, basically a 2 year fellowship for people interested in epi. Sounds cool, so I might apply next year. Called Michelle. She said Taylor was playing with silverwear and he pitched a fit when she took a fork from him. She's holding up ok and has heard from Troy twice since he left yesterday.

Got this from JLo. Enjoy!

Email Joke of the Day:
A spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine. A student asked what gender a computer would be. Instead of giving the answer, the teacher divided them into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer should be masculine or feminine. The men's group said it should be feminine because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval.
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.


The women's group said it should be masculine because:
1. in order to do anything with them you have to turn them on
2. they have a lot of data but still cant think for themselves
3. they are supposed to help you solve problems but half the time they are the problem
4. as soon as you commit to one you realize that if you had waited a little longer you could have gotten a better model

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home