Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Friday, February 25, 2005

The rain

"We all die in the rain." -Hemingway

Not so sure about that, but the rain almost always puts me in a down mood. The way I figure it, there's only 3 good things about it raining here today:
  1. I needed/wanted a nap in the afternoon and the rain was the perfect backdrop.
  2. My car needed to be washed bc of all the pollen it accumulated on it while I was at home last weekend, so now I don't need to wash it.
  3. I'm not in New Orleans anymore so I don't have to worry about wading through water whenever it rains.

The only other quote I can come up with that deals with rain without putting an entire song up here is one mentioned by you Ness I think.

"Tomorrow's another day and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain." -Jo Dee Messina

2 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    And just for shits and giggles, here are more rainy day lyrics!!!

    "I wanna know ... have you ever seen the rain?" - Have You Ever Seen the Rain? by CCR (Awesome song)

    "I listen to the sound of the rain fallin' down my window. Prayin' for a gentle wind. To bring my baby back again." Next Plane Out by Celine Dion

    "And every time it rains
    I feel her holding me
    And everytime it rains
    Are the angels crying"
    Rain Song by Cold

    "'Cause its always raining in my head
    Forget all the things I should have said" Epiphany by Staind (I love this band. What happened to them???)"I gonna get me a motor car
    Maybe a Jaguar maybe a plane or a day of fame
    I gonna be a millionaire so can you take me there
    Wanna be wild cos my life's so tame
    Here am I, going nowhere on a train
    Here am I, growing older in the rain"
    Going Nowhere by Oasis

    "We live in the shadows and we had the chance and threw it away
    And it's never gonna be the same
    Cos the years are falling by like the rain
    And it's never gonna be the same
    'Til the life I knew comes to my house and says Hello!"
    Hello by Oasis

    And...everyone's middle school dance favorite ..."When I look into your eyes
    I can see a love restrained
    But darlin' when I hold you
    Don't you know I feel the same
    'Cause nothin' lasts forever
    And we both know hearts can change
    And it's hard to hold a candle
    In the cold November rain"
    November Rain by Guns N Roses

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Residenseeeeeee said…

    You missed one....I'll post it maybe later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home