Needs
I'm convinced that there are some things that we just need. Many times, we won't know what these things are until we get them (or don't get them as the case may be). I realized this morning when we were leaving Georgia that I needed to see my family desperately. I needed to return to my roots, to the people to whom I am bound by blood. Watching my grandparents harrass each other, watching my aunt and uncle harrass each other, and watching my kid cousins harrass each other somehow brought a sense of familiarity back to me. I'm embarking on this journey known as life, and I've moved to another big city in this great country of ours in order to see what life is like outside of suburbia. I just needed to be brought back to the core of what I am and love: my family. So, for Grandmother apologizing every morning because she thought she was waking me up, for the dirty jokes that my mom's siblings will let flow in almost any company, and for my babies: Whitney, "Lindsey Junior" they call her; Anna, who has the kindest heart I've ever seen; Kristen, MY baby, my leach; and Daniel, who finally decided to talk to me, I thank you all for loving me in the way that only family can.
Oh, and one other need: I think everyone should have a one night stand at some point in their life. ;)
You can't always get what you want, honey
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you might just find
You get what you need
-Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
Oh, and one other need: I think everyone should have a one night stand at some point in their life. ;)
You can't always get what you want, honey
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you might just find
You get what you need
-Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home