Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Definitely Christmas time

Spent some time with Troy, Michelle, and Taylor yesterday. I got to hold Taylor and read him the books that I bought him for Christmas. He also promptly took a bite out of the Nerf football that I gave him. Michelle said it was his first football, and she was pissed that he bit it that quickly. Of course, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree: Troy took a knife to the popcorn tin I gave them to try to get into it. And he still didn't succeed, that's the funny part. They're still trying to set me up with Jamie, and they were pissed that he didn't make it to their place before I had to leave. Oh well.

I also exchanged presents with Kelly and John. Got America the Book (written by the people on the Daily Show) from them. They liked their Target giftcards, and agreed that they needed separate cards instead of one. Bill wasn't there, but I left his gift anyway.

Then it was family exchange time. Mom loved her hippo; Dad loved his Dylan CDs; Ry loved Spiderman 2 and his shirt. The highlights of my gifts were: 10th anniversary of Clerks on DVD, Billy Joel's Greatest Hits CD, Converse Allstars, and a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure.

But today is all about packing then driving to Rome for the weekend. We'll have at least 2 more Chrismases up there, one with each side of the family. Monday my Mom, Aunt Heather, and I will go to Anderson, SC to see where my mom grew up and visit the cemetary where my grandparents are buried. We'll get to see Teresa and Jordan in Athens on the way back. So it should be a lot of fun and very busy like it usually is. So basically, this is me signing off til Tuesday at the earliest. Have a great Christmas everyone, and I'm gonna leave you with something my mom said this morning that made me laugh.

"I've always felt like she's looked at me like white trash...She's just that arrogant kind of bitch. It takes all kinds of people to make me look wonderful."
-my mother, referring to my ex-aunt's mother

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home