Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Friday, December 17, 2004

A toast

So yesterday I worked 11 hours and 10 minutes according to the time clock. And damn, my legs and feet hurt. I didn't make much money at all in Fast Eddie's; in fact, I don't think I sold anything after midnight. But with the 5 hours of banquet I worked, my paycheck should be pretty big. I'll be in the piano bar tonight and Saturday, which will be interesting since I haven't worked in there in at least a year. Despite not making any money, I had a lot of fun. All the karaoke regulars were in Lili's, so I got to hang out with them to relieve my boredom. I enjoyed my night, which I guess is all that's important. OH, and I saw Kyle Huston walk through a couple times last night; I haven't seen him since middle school. I was so shocked to see him that I couldn't even go up to him to talk to him. maybe for the best.

No real deep thoughts arose last night. But I suppose a long-running one that I've asked Alice several times this semester, and maybe this should go in the other blog, but whatever:

Why is it that the people we are attracted to are not attracted to us? And conversely, the people we're not attracted to are attracted to us?

So in that spirit, I propose a toast:
Here's to the men who we love,
Here's to the men who love us,
But the men we love aren't the men who love us
So screw the men, and here's to us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home