Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Thursday, December 02, 2004

I don't wanna be

Really quiet day today. I seriously drank too much last night. Tiff was worried that I would think she was a drunk. What she didn't realize is that I probably would have been as bad as she was if I had had only one more. Anyways, no call from Mario from the bar (didn't really expect one), and I should call Richie ("the professor" as Jane and Tiff call him) back.

Ok, JLo, if you've even heard this, I'd be amazed. I love the meaning of this song.

I don't need to be anything other
Than a prison guard's son
I don't need to be anything other
Than a specialist's son
I don't have to be anyone other
Than the birth of two souls in one
Part of where I'm going, is knowing where I'm coming from
I don't want to be
Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to doIs think of me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms

Wondering what I've got to do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me
I'm surrounded by liars everywhere I turn
I'm surrounded by imposters everywhere I turn
I'm surrounded by identity crisis everywhere I turn
Am I the only one who noticed?
I can't be the only one who's learned
I don't want to be
Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do
Is think of me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms
Wondering what I've got to do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me
Can I have everyone's attention please?
If you're not like this and that, you're gonna have to leave
I came from the mountain
The crust of creation
My whole situtaion-made from clay to stone
And now I'm telling everybody
-Gavin DeGraw "I don't wanna be"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home