Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Already Gone

Yesterday was so busy, and I got almost nothing productive done. I bought a pair of shoes at Marshall's ($7) then bought decorative stuff for the tree, which still hasn't been bought yet. Then on to mail some Christmas cards and Epi review. I had so much fun sitting next to Gino. Dr. Borenstein said that the rate of all cancers peaks at age 83, so basically if you can make it to age 83 and not get cancer, you're pretty much homefree. "But something else will get ya" Gino and I said at almost the exact same time. Anyways, then I helped Tiff with the EOH lecture which she skipped bc she wanted to watch TV. Then the COPH end of semester social thingy. Chiniqua and I argued about chivalry vs feminism (I am so right!), but it's kind of scary that I'm agreeing with her boyfriend instead of her.

Then the night began. Tiff, Whitney, Jane and I hit up Chili's 2 for 1 Margaritas. We had so many hysterical conversations, like drunken stories (yes, the ambulance story was told). Then we went to Peabody's and played pool. It's so nice to play with people who are just as bad as you are. The conversations continued. I ended leaving them at like 10:45 bc I wanted to go to bed so I could get up and study. But I'm going to Tiff's roommate's boyfriend's party tonight, so that should be fun.

It just feels good to finally find a crowd that I can run with and be sarcastic with. We all commented on this fact last night. Finding a community of people who will balance work and play like you do is so crucial. So happy I've found it.

Oh, and for today: Go Bulls! Roll Wave! I'm thinking about ya Joe!

I love this Eagles song. Just don't listen to the Wilson Phillips remake of it; it's horrible.

Well, I heard some people talkin' just the other day
And they said you were gonna put me on a shelf
But let me tell you I got some news for you
And you'll soon find out it's true
And then you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself
'Cause I'm already gone
And I'm feelin' strong
I will sing this vict'ry song

The letter that you wrote me made me stop and wonder why
But I guess you felt like you had to set things right
Just remember this, my girl, when you look up in the sky
You can see the stars and still not see the light
And I'm already gone
And I'm feelin' strong
I will sing this vict'ry song

Well I know it wasn't you who held me down
Heaven knows it wasn't you who set me free
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key
-Eagles "Already Gone"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home