Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Cumbersome

Have you ever been sitting in church sort of out of it and not really excited about being there because you'd rather be in bed, and suddenly it hits you why you're meant to be there? That was me today. The sermon was one of the best I've ever heard, and definitely the best David's ever preached. It was all about talking about God. I've emailed him asking for a copy and maybe I'll post it on here when I get it.

I'm so sad that there is NOT ONE Pensacola basketball team in the girl's state finals. Washington suffered their first loss of the season to Winter Haven yesterday, and they were my last hope. I might still go to Lakeland Thurs to see Lake Mary play in their semi-final game. For those of you who don't know (which I'm sure is everyone except me, my teammates, and my parents), Lake Mary is the team we beat my freshman year to win the state title and lost to in the regional semis my sophomore year. So I sort of want to go and pull against them.

Hmm....I need a song to post on here. Ok, my song that Buzz Cutt played while I was out of the room last week.

she calls me Goliath and I wear the David mask
I guess the stones are coming too fast for her now
you know I'd like to believe this nervousness will pass
all the stones that are thrown are building up a wall
I have become cumbersome to this world
I have become cumbersome to my girl
I'd like to believe we could reconcile the past
resurrect those bridges with an ancient glance
but my old stone face can't seem to break her down
she remembers bridges, burns them to the ground
I have become cumbersome to this world
I have become cumbersome to this girl
too heavy too light, too black or too white,
too wrong or too right, today or tonight
cumbersome
too rich too poor, she's wanting me less and I'm wanting her more
the bitter taste is cumbersome
there is a balance between two worlds
one with an arrow and a cross
regardless of the balance life has become
cumbersome

-"Cumbersome" 7 Mary 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home