Lots of stuff done
So lots has happened since my last post. I have officially signed the lease for the condo. I will be mailing the security deposit this week. So I will have a new place on August 1! Exciting. Now I just have to figure out exactly when I'm moving, when I have to get utilities turned on, etc. etc. etc. The fun never stops.
The first Meet and Greet for the incoming St Pete 1PD's was last weekend. Only 7 students showed (plus 2 family members), which was a little disappointing, but it was a good conversation and worth the trip and the minimal planning it took. This coming Sunday is the next one; I'm hoping for a much better turnout. We'll see.
Because I have organized these Meet and Greets, several people have predicted that I will be 1 of the 2 student representatives for my class. Of course Joe is one of the "prophets" and Alan is as well, but one of my fellow incoming students forecasted it too, in addition to volunteering himself for the other rep position. So that's something I have to decide on before orientation.
Last week was the Higher Education Ministry Summit 2: Space for Grace. It was one of the most powerful events I've ever been to. We had 2 of the Freedom Riders as one of our keynotes, and they stayed around for a couple days just to be with us. I walked around the Civil Rights Institute with Rev. Benjamin Cox, one of the two, and it was so amazingly powerful to hear his stories about the pictures on the walls. Brian Field McFarland wrote a song called "Lyrical Freedom Riders" for the event. There's a story about it here: http://www.pcusa.org/ga217/newsandphotos/ga06002.htm
Kelly came to Tampa to visit this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We didn't do much but talk and eat, but sometimes that's all you need with good friends. My sleep schedule is still thrown off. Tomorrow morning will be really rough, but I guess I have to go to work so that I can pay for all the crap UF is making me pay for this summer. Joy.
The first Meet and Greet for the incoming St Pete 1PD's was last weekend. Only 7 students showed (plus 2 family members), which was a little disappointing, but it was a good conversation and worth the trip and the minimal planning it took. This coming Sunday is the next one; I'm hoping for a much better turnout. We'll see.
Because I have organized these Meet and Greets, several people have predicted that I will be 1 of the 2 student representatives for my class. Of course Joe is one of the "prophets" and Alan is as well, but one of my fellow incoming students forecasted it too, in addition to volunteering himself for the other rep position. So that's something I have to decide on before orientation.
Last week was the Higher Education Ministry Summit 2: Space for Grace. It was one of the most powerful events I've ever been to. We had 2 of the Freedom Riders as one of our keynotes, and they stayed around for a couple days just to be with us. I walked around the Civil Rights Institute with Rev. Benjamin Cox, one of the two, and it was so amazingly powerful to hear his stories about the pictures on the walls. Brian Field McFarland wrote a song called "Lyrical Freedom Riders" for the event. There's a story about it here: http://www.pcusa.org/ga217/newsandphotos/ga06002.htm
Kelly came to Tampa to visit this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We didn't do much but talk and eat, but sometimes that's all you need with good friends. My sleep schedule is still thrown off. Tomorrow morning will be really rough, but I guess I have to go to work so that I can pay for all the crap UF is making me pay for this summer. Joy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home