Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Week One of Summer Down

So I am now done with over a week of my summer schedule, which basically means work M-F and whatever on the weekends. I think this is the first summer since I graduated high school where I have had the weekends free, and I mean totally free: no work, no school, nothing. It's really a bizarre thing. I've worked so hard to stay constantly busy and now I don't know what to do with myself. So I went to see M:I3, which was good, and I sat out by the pool reading (well, re-reading) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. In the process, I gained the ability to have bad dreams incorporating twists of the M:I3 plot (this is why I don't usually watch action movies) as well as 2 different tan lines (and I'm wearing a strapless dress this weekend to Joe's brother's wedding). Oh well.

But Jim and Vicki do get married this weekend. It should be a really interesting time, especially since a lot of the Kean family is coming down, and I've only met one of the cousins. And of course, lots of good food! It pays to be the girlfriend of one of the groomsmen! Finally a reward for putting up with him!

Meanwhile, I've been doing some thinking. When I came to Tampa, I wondered if I was truly moving on or if I was running away from my life in NOLA. I think that was answered pretty quickly thanks to meeting some amazing people pretty quickly after I got here. But now, with me about to make another transition in my life, it feels like I'm not moving on or running away. Maybe it's because it's in the same metro area. But I wish I felt that there was going to be a definite end to one and a beginning to the other and not just meshed together like it currently is.

And as a departing note, you have to check this out. It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. You need to have sound and 6 minutes to watch, but trust me, it'll be worth it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home