Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Wedding Season

So we are into Wedding Season 07 now. The countdown has begun for some of my friends' singleness. I'm in the process of helping plan a bachelorette party for tonight (the *cake* is about 95% done, just lacking whipped cream), so that is fun but also more work than anticipated. How did I do Kelly's virtually by myself??? I think that we 7 20-something females will have a fantastic time tonight, and I will definitely take pictures and tell stories (that can be told of course).

I found out a couple days ago that a former crush of mine is getting married this weekend (in fact, I think the ceremony was yesterday, so I guess he's now married). Oh, and crush is really too light of a word, since this guy was IT for me for over a year, but nothing happened between us, so I had to use "crush". I have never had a former guy interest get married before. I suppose it's about time that that kind of thing start happening (I am mid-20s now after all). I'm not sure how I'm supposed to react, if at all. I told my informant to wish him well for me, and she promised to do so. But past that, how am I supposed to react?

In the days since the news, I have flashed back (flashbacked?) to the times we spent together, which were almost all enjoyable. He opened my eyes to a different way of looking at things, which at the time was something that I probably needed. He was such a different person than anyone I'd ever met before that I was just drawn to him. He questioned everything, not taking anything at face value.

Even though I have not seen or talked to this person in at least 7 years, he is still someone that I can definitively say changed my life. So congratulations to him, I hope that he has found someone that challenges and loves him every day for the rest of his life. In honor of him, the song that will forever remind me of him...

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what youre dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

I don't want to miss one smile
I don't want to miss one kiss
I just want to be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I dont want to miss a thing

-Aerosmith "Don't Want to Miss a Thing"

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Vanessa Mae said…

    Yes, it is indeed wedding season. But just something about this year has made it so huge. I'm not sure if it has to do with my sister getting married, but it just seems like I'm noticing that people asking me the big uncomfortable question more than ever... "so, when are you getting married?"

    Cart before the horse, people.

    I have another wedding to attend in two weeks. That's my quota for the year, set at two so I don't get too depressed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home