Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Learn to say goodbye...

So home is fantastic. It's absolutely gorgeous weather, and I don't have to do anything if I don't want to. Yay! Spring Break is fantastic.

But tomorrow an almost 8 year relationship will come to an end. It's been a long time coming probably, but I have been reluctant to end it. How do we know when is the right time to end something? Are we so comfortable in the familiar and unsure of the unfamiliar that we resist change with all that we have? I guess I'm stepping out in faith this time, which is very scary for me. But I'm also starting to learn to say goodbye and adjust to the new. Who knows? Hopefully the change will be for the better. I will keep you posted.

Your heart is not open so I must go
The spell has been broken, I loved you so
Freedom comes when you learn to let go
Creation comes when you learn to say no
You were my lesson I had to learn
I was your fortress you had to burn
Pain is a warning that somethings wrong
I pray to God that it wont be long
Do ya wanna go higher?
Theres nothing left to try
Theres no place left to hide
Theres no greater power
Than the power of good-bye
Your heart is not open so I must go
The spell has been broken, I loved you so
You were my lesson I had to learn
I was your fortress
Theres nothing left to lose
Theres no more heart to bruise
Theres no greater power
Than the power of good-bye
Learn to say good-bye
I yearn to say good-bye
-Madonna "Power of Goodbye"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home