Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Forced Updates

So when I logged into Blogger today, they forced me to update to the new Google linked Blogger. I did not ask for this, and did not want it. I was perfectly happy with my old Blogger. But alas, I was forced to update. Interestingly, pretty much the same thing happened yesterday. My cell phone contract is up, so I went into a Cingular store and renewed my contract, along with getting a new phone (I finally have a flip phone!) and a Bluetooth. This was pretty foreign to me, but I figured I would need a Bluetooth, so I might as well go ahead. And I did. Joe of course wanted to put it all together for me, but I refused to let him do so since it's MY phone and MY bluetooth, I should know how to do it all. And so now I have a new phone, my Bluetooth paired to it just waiting for people to call. Yippee!

Yesterday was also the American Diabetes Association Walk on the Wild Side. We got to walk through the zoo and see lots of animals: bison, monkeys, manatees, etc. My favorite was the otter. A couple of things occurred to me during the walk however, and I know they will sound closed-minded, but I'm still going to express this stuff. First, when there are hundreds of people having to walk on very small sidewalks, why bring strollers? I'm all for getting your kids involved in stuff, but the strollers were more of a hindrance than a help I think. And while we're on the subject of kids, I nearly toppled over at least 3 of them because they walked out right in front of me. Now, when I was growing up, I specifically remember my parents telling me to watch for big people since they weren't always looking for kids. Why don't all parents teach their children this??? But overall, we had a good time at the zoo. We might go back sometime late spring/summer when the bears aren't hibernating.

Ok, it's off to study for more tests and quizzes. Joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home