Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

An Ode to the Internet

So now that HELL WEEK is over, I guess I have some time to post something. Although my laptop is at Best Buy since it randomly decided to shut down on me 3 times this weekend while watching lectures, so I'm at the computer lab at school. I seriously went 26 hours without my computer, and I thought I was gonna die! I guess I never realized how much time I spent on email and going through stuff on the internet (now mostly for school only though). I now know that I depend on the internet for directions to places, menus of restaurants, store hours, and many other things. I can't remember how we did these things before the internet. I felt so out of the loop for the whole day (except that I do need to thank Sarah for calling me and keeping me informed about a group meeting), and I ended up watching LOTS of TV to fill the time. Now, I know I should have been studying, but I don't get the opportunity to watch daytime TV that much any more. So this is my Ode to the Internet: where would I be without you?

I did manage to get out of the house yesterday to drop off recycling. I'm so proud of myself! I wish we had curbside pick up, but I guess I can spare a little bit of time to recycle every once in a while. EVERYONE SHOULD!!!

So after an attempt to go "crazy dancing" on Friday at Baywalk, I am now taking suggestions for a better place to go. Preferably not in Tampa, somewhere in Pinellas County. We just ran into too many old(er) people and black ladies in skin tight jump suits at Baywalk to go back. Any suggestions, please pass my way.

This weekend should be very interesting. It will be the debut of the 1PD girl version of The Village People. Of course, pics will be taken and shown to those who request it. :) :) :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    I don't know what I'd do without internet either. It feels weird not to log in and check email. Really, that's all I need to do to feel "normal".

    I guess that's all I'd need with me on a desserted island. My laptop and internet access. Okay, and maybe a hot guy.

    I'm pretty easy to please.

    Glad you're back on the 'Net.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home