Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Monday, July 31, 2006

The Best That I Could Do

So my time in Tampa is coming to an end. You can see it by all the crap that's in my room right now. Boxes, suitcases, nothing on the walls...it's almost depressing. I have significantly more stuff for this move than I have for any previous move. But today, when I was sitting waiting for my last CardioFunk class at the USF gym to start, the title of John Mellencamp's Greatest Hits album when through my head: "The Best That I Could Do." And I think it sums up my time in Tampa (and maybe my whole life) pretty well.

I think I have done The Best That I Could Do in everything I've encountered while in Tampa: school, work, extracurriculars, gym, relationships, etc. The school of course can be proven, as I guess can the gym (losing 10 pounds!) can be as well. The words of a former coworker "No one can criticize your work" proves work. As for extracurriculars, I have helped to put on numerous successful events, including national conferences and international symposiums, so that can be proven. So that leaves relationships, probably the hardest one to prove. I know I've been a part of a successful relationship that's lasted over a year, but how do I try to go about saying I've been a good person overall? I guess that's why you have to leave it at "The Best That I Could Do" and not just "The Best."

Ok, enough pondering for me. Back to packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home