Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Looking Forward....Looking Back

So today I managed to spend about $1000 in less than an hour. I bought a printer (with USB connector) and a new mattress/boxspring set. The mattress/boxspring is a pillowtop, but not too soft, and it'll be delivered to my new place in August. The printer is a laserjet bc I will have to print out 20 billion pages of notes for pharmacy school. So 2/3 major purchases are made. Just have to find a TV for the living room now. Nothing fancy but something decent.

Today was the 2nd meet and greet. We had 11 students this time, and I finally got to meet some people that I have been communicating with via email for a while. There were lots of awkward silences that I didn't really anticipate, but we got through it. And last night was the Braves/Devil Rays game. It was entertaining, but the Braves lost :( It was really interesting that there were more Braves fans in the stadium than Rays fans. We missed the $1 hot dogs bc the woman 2 people in front of us bought 7 of the last 11. And I missed getting George Foster's autograph by about 30 seconds. Oh well, I still had fun.

In the last month or so, I have now come across the fact that 2 of my good friends from middle school are in the Tampa/St Pete area. I of course found out what they were up to (one teaching and one finishing pharmacy school [of all weird things!]) and I'm in the process of setting up times to meet with them and catch up. But I wonder what will come of it. I mean, we were friends in the most trying time of my life (and maybe theirs), when I was nowhere near being cool or popular and it seemed like every week friendships were ended because someone was fighting with someone else. But the next week everything would be cool, so you never knew who would be your friend on any given day. I guess that's normal middle school society, but it really drained me and did a number on my self-esteem. These 2 now grown women represent that time and at times were the cause of the pain. I haven't thought about all of this in a long time, and I obviously don't hold anything against them, but I still wonder if it's possible to be friends after all the pain that we caused each other and the time that has lapsed since then.

I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home