Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nothing to do, nowhere to be...that's the life for me

So I have returned from Jax and already made it through one day of work. It was really nice to have 3.5 days where I had to do nothing and be nowhere. And of course, you can't beat the 5, 7, 9, and 11 year old screaming your name and sprinting up the beach to give you the biggest hug. Now if only I could convince Kristen Leigh to let me take her in a little deeper water...

But the weekend was about family, relaxation, and the beach. My aunt, uncle, and cousins left the day after I got there, so it was a lot of quality time with my parents all weekend long. Oh, and my Aunt Ange's 3 cats and dog. I managed not to spend more than 2.5 hours at the beach on any given day (and it's a good thing since I'm burned from the time I was there!), but it was a really nice experience to be able to go and come as I pleased. It's also a little strange since I grew up spending at least part of my summers at that house and beach not being able to come and go as I pleased. But I guess that's one of the pluses about growing up. And my dad's threatening to move back ("I wanna live at the beach and not have to worry as much about it being destroyed each year"). That would just totally suck to have my parents back in Jax, now wouldn't it? ;)

Meanwhile, in the normal world, I came to the realization that I will have steady employment for only a little over 4 more weeks. That's frightening. I've gotten so used to having a paycheck every 2 weeks that I'm kinda nervous about them stopping. But at least I will have a week of freedom in the panhandle before the chaos of pharmacy school starts. Really looking forward to that week. Probably more beach involved then too. :) I am a Florida girl!

And to close this post, I will leave you with a comment my roommate made tonight. It's only entertaining when you realize my roommate is "Jewish":

"For a while I was nervous about it and then I just let it go and gave it to Jesus!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home