Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Summer Update

So I should update a couple of things. First, in response to my post about my restaurant experience in Jax. The general manager called me and profusely apologized and then he sent me a $25 gift card. So score another one for the power of the pen.

Second, I have joined a gym. And I think I have determined the first class I'll go to: cardiostrip. Oh yeah. So it should be loads of fun. Currently, I have 1 box packed. Only one, and it's been packed since Sunday evening. Obviously, I'm gonna need to step it up soon.

And last for this post, and I apologize for it being short, I had to say goodbye to Alan. He's headed to Alexandria, VA for a job. So this song is for Alan for a few different reasons. Good luck Alan!

Well we're living here in Allentown
And they're closing all the factories down
Out in Bethlehem they're killing time
Filling out forms
Standing in line.
Well our fathers fought the Second World War
Spent their weekends on the Jersey Shore
Met our mothers at the USO
Asked them to dance
Danced with them slow
And we're living here in Allentown.
But the restlessness was handed down
And it's getting very hard to staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Well we're waiting here in Allentown
For the Pennsylvania we never found
For the promises our teachers gave
If we worked hard
If we behaved.
So the graduations hang on the wall
But they never really helped us at all
No they never taught us what was real
Iron and coke
And chromium steel.
And we're waiting here in Allentown.
But they've taken all the coal from the ground
And the union people crawled awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Every child had a pretty good shot
To get at least as far as their old man got.
Something happened on the way to that place
They threw an American flag in our face
Well I'm living here in Allentown
And it's hard to keep a good man down.
-"Allentown" Billy Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home