Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Female Intelligence

So I have another themed post in mind, but I don't have time to write it right now. Instead, I will post quotes from the novel I just finished called Female Intelligence by Jane Heller.

"You know, at first I didn't quite get it, get what was going on. Not that instant. You don't if you're not expecting bad news of such magnitude. Instead of getting it, you stand there like a doofus and blink a few times and shake off what you think you heard and tell yourself the old there must be some mistake."

"Ever since I was a kid, people have been telling me how smart I am, but the truth is, it doesn't matter how smart you are if even one person manages to prove how stupid you are."

"There are men who communicate and cheat and there are men who don't communicate and cheat, just as there are men who don't cheat whether they communicate or not."

"It was my opinion that, generally speaking, men were clods- simple creatures who farted without apology and left their clothes wherever they fell and assumed that women who took vacations together were dykes."

"What was it with men anyway? Now that they had their Propecia and their Prozac and their Viagra and were therefore, no longer bald, depressed, or impotent, they acted like idiots."

"Men claim that they like it when you're direct with them, but the truth is that they only like it when you're direct with them if what you're direct with them about involves a big, sloppy, ego-inflating compliment."

"I had thought about him from time to time, wondered if he was with someone, but only in the way you wonder about a person you're glad you don't have to see or talk to and can, therefore, wonder about without obligation."

" 'What you're saying is that relationships are a bitch, any way you look at it.' "

" 'I want what we had before. I want us to get back there, and then I want us to move forward...'
'It might not be easy.'
'Nothing worth fighting for is.' "

"There are simply times when men are unable to connect with women and vice versa. It can't be helped. They're wired differently than we are."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home