Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Come on Over

So here are some things I've been ruminating about recently...
  • First of all, this will be the first of many crazy weeks at school. 2 tests, a presentation, a quiz, at least 3 meetings...on top of all the normal lectures! Just insanity.
  • Shout out to my Bulldogs who handed Spurrier his first shut out since 1987! And the freshman played pretty well. If Joe T stays hurt, I guess we'll be going with a freshman for the remainder of the season, which will at least make it interesting. Dad says the dynasty will start in 2008. I guess we'll see.
  • Yesterday at the USF tailgate, Mr. Wayne asked how I stayed so skinny since he sees me eating all kinds of food at get togethers. I felt so good about myself at that moment even though I haven't lost any weight since moving a month ago.
  • The reason Mr. Wayne mentioned it was because he, Linda, and Jim have been doing the NurtiSystem diet and have seen good results. Joe has now ordered it as well, so we'll see how he does on it. It seems to me that eating that much food would make me gain weight, but I guess if it works for them, it's all good.
  • Hanging out with fellow females who know football is remarkably refreshing, although at times hard on the ears.
  • I sucessfully sent an evite to people inviting them to see the Grey's Anatomy premiere at my place. That website is quite user-friendly; I was surprised. Jena and Grazia have already RSVPed (I knew they would), so we'll see if the other 3 girls will come as well.
  • And speaking of, I'm super excited that they use a Rob Thomas song for the Thursday night previews. I'm gonna leave yall with those lyrics.
  • P.S. 5 years and 1 day later, I still miss you grandma.
It's morning, I wake up
The taste of summer sweetness on my mind
It's a clear day, In this city
Let's go dance under the street lights
All the people in this world
Let's come together, More than ever
I can feel it, Can you feel it
Come on over, Down to the corner
My sisters and my brothers of every different color
Can't you feel that sunshine telling you to hold tight
Things will be alright
Try to find a better life
Come on over, Down to the corner
My sisters and my brothers there for one another
Come on over
Man I know you wanna let yourself go
Some people, It's a pity
They go all their lives and never know
How to love or to let love go
But it's alright now
We'll make it through this somehow
And we'll paint the perfect picture
All the colors of this world will run together more than ever
I can feel it, Can you feel it
Come on over, Down to the corner
My sisters and my brothers of every different color
Can't you feel that sunshine telling you to hold tight
Things will be alright
Try to find a better life
Come on over, Down to the corner
My sisters and my brothers there for one another
Come on over
Man I know you wanna let yourself go

We may never find our reason to shine
But here and now this is our time
And I may never find the meaning of life
But for this moment I am fine
-Rob Thomas "Streetcorner Symphony"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home