Summer Update
So I returned from San Diego last Sunday, and then had a whirlwind week leading up to Ashley's visit Friday-Saturday. Saturday evening brought Joe's Enterprise Picnic at a minor league baseball game, which actually was kinda cool. Then I've been doing laundry and errands today. Kelly should be in town next weekend, then Jax the following one. I've decided that the weekend after that I'm doing nothing by myself. I'm not complaining; I've enjoyed all of it, but I can't wait to have a weekend where I'm not gone or entertaining company.
The Wild Animal Park in San Diego was so cool. Katie and I packed lunch and ended up eating on a bench under a tree overlooking giraffes, rhinoceri, and other animals with the mountains as a backdrop. It was so cool. We went to a vineyard and did a wine tasting on our way home, and it was so cool. I should look into doing that more often. That evening we met up with Tulane people who had been to Jarrod and Emily's wedding. Katie, JLo, Kate, Vicky, her fiancee Clinton, and I ate outside at a New Zealand bar and grill. We had organically grown burgers, and they were pretty good. It was fun catching up with them.
So here are some things I've been ruminating about recently:
The Wild Animal Park in San Diego was so cool. Katie and I packed lunch and ended up eating on a bench under a tree overlooking giraffes, rhinoceri, and other animals with the mountains as a backdrop. It was so cool. We went to a vineyard and did a wine tasting on our way home, and it was so cool. I should look into doing that more often. That evening we met up with Tulane people who had been to Jarrod and Emily's wedding. Katie, JLo, Kate, Vicky, her fiancee Clinton, and I ate outside at a New Zealand bar and grill. We had organically grown burgers, and they were pretty good. It was fun catching up with them.
So here are some things I've been ruminating about recently:
- I still maintain that it is BS that Southwest allows pregnant women to preboard. If they are in the condition (last trimester or so) that they require assistance to get on the plane, they shouldn't be flying. If they are early on in the pregnancy, they should be boarding with everyone else and not get special treatment.
- I usually have very little bad to say about Southwest, but this trip to San Diego, they managed to leave my luggage in Tampa despite me arriving 2 hours early.
- I have noticed through working at Albertson's that I tend to stand on mainly one foot at a time when I'm standing still. This is something I must work on or my poor left leg and foot will kill me before the summer's over.
- He's Just Not That Into You is just as relevant now as it was almost 2 years ago, and my personal copy is being read by at least the 12th person.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home