Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Back to the Grindstone

So I'm back to normalcy. Classes and such. I really hate spring semester. I never have any motivation during the spring. Someone should do a study as to why. Nothing terribly exciting has happened since the Super Bowl party. Just the usual routine. I'm going to lunch with Haley on Friday. Haha, she lives in Eta hall. I thought that was ironic.

I talked to Dee today and she said something in response to my question of "if you could do anyone right now, who would it be?" She said "Matthew McConaughey (sp) but everyone tells me he's gay, so that would explain that one." I just about fell off my chair. Poor Dee.

JUST got off the phone with Megan wishing me a happy mardi gras. She's off in Colorado drinking her ass off. Her line: "but I always think of you when I'm drinking." Too too funny.

Lyrics....hmmm. In honor of Mardi Gras and the sadness I feel for not being in NOLA for it, here you go.

There's an angel on the stairs
(as if you'd even care)
When the lights go up,and the sun has nearly gone down.
Did you see him on the street?
Did you pass him at your feet?
Did you think aloud,"how dare they even look me in the eye'?
And he loves the girls.
And he loves the boys.
Going to make twenty dollars before the weekends over
So set him up, Let him fall.
Turn him over in your hands.
God save the King of New Orleans.
Got a ticket to a show.
Going to see him take a blow.
When the drunk one said,"Cat Sssstevens was the greatest singer!"
And did you kick him in the head?
Did you see the blood run down?
Did you laugh at all when the people walked right by and said aloud,
"You gutter punks are all the same."
Probably make twenty dollars 'fore the weekends over."?
So set him up,
Then let him fall.
Turn him over in your hands.
God save the King of New Orleans.
Radio in my head.
Radio in that car.
Going down again,he's going down again....
Anyway you look, anyway you talk it over.I
t's easier to let it slip out of your mind.
But it rips your heart out.
Then it kicks your head in.
Just give him one more chance, try to see the beauty in his world.
All the way in on my hands, in on my feet,and shoulders.
Going to make twenty dollars before the weekends over.
So set him up,
Then let him fall.
Turn him over in your hands.
God save the King of New Orleans.
-"King of New Orleans" Better than Ezra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home