One Thing
Wow. Just got back from seeing The Aviator. Leo really deserves every award possible. Too bad Jaime Foxx will probably get the Oscar. Don't know if I would give the Best Picture to The Aviator or Sideways. I'm glad I'm not voting. Both are very deserving. My fav quote from The Aviator:
"They're just friends." -Howard Hughes
"Men and women cannot possibly be friends because men are predators. They have to either possess women or leave them be. That's how all men are." -Katherine Hepburn
The interview with Dr. Coulter went pretty well. It only lasted 10 mins since I already know about the mission and activities of the Harrell Center. I really have no idea if I got the position or not. I should know something Monday or Tuesday.
I've decided I hate the words "I'll call you soon." There are maybe 3 people on the planet that I can trust will actually call me when they tell me that (initials are VMJ, MLA, and JDC). Other than that, this is the easiest cop out known to human kind.
I have been in this funk the last couple days. Of course, the gray, overcast days don't help that, but I don't really know why I'm just dragging and not really in a good mood. Hopefully all that will change tomorrow. Speaking of, tomorrow is Gasparilla. Did you know that there is more Capt Morgan Rum consumed in Tampa on Gasparilla than in any other location on that day? Something to be proud of I guess. Here's to hoping I'm sober enough to get back in one piece (and yes, of course, to avoid falling under emergency vehicles too).
I've heard this song a couple times this week. If anyone can explain it to me, I'd greatly appreciate it. (enjoy bc there might be a whole slew of Blessid Union of Souls songs coming up do to me getting the new CD)
Restless tonight cuz I wasted the light
Between both these times I drew a really thin line
It’s nothing I planned and not that I can
But you should be mine across that line
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn’t that be something
I promise I might not walk on by
Maybe next time but not this time
Even though I know I don’t want to know
Yeah I guess I know I just hate how it sounds
-Finger Eleven "One Thing"
"They're just friends." -Howard Hughes
"Men and women cannot possibly be friends because men are predators. They have to either possess women or leave them be. That's how all men are." -Katherine Hepburn
The interview with Dr. Coulter went pretty well. It only lasted 10 mins since I already know about the mission and activities of the Harrell Center. I really have no idea if I got the position or not. I should know something Monday or Tuesday.
I've decided I hate the words "I'll call you soon." There are maybe 3 people on the planet that I can trust will actually call me when they tell me that (initials are VMJ, MLA, and JDC). Other than that, this is the easiest cop out known to human kind.
I have been in this funk the last couple days. Of course, the gray, overcast days don't help that, but I don't really know why I'm just dragging and not really in a good mood. Hopefully all that will change tomorrow. Speaking of, tomorrow is Gasparilla. Did you know that there is more Capt Morgan Rum consumed in Tampa on Gasparilla than in any other location on that day? Something to be proud of I guess. Here's to hoping I'm sober enough to get back in one piece (and yes, of course, to avoid falling under emergency vehicles too).
I've heard this song a couple times this week. If anyone can explain it to me, I'd greatly appreciate it. (enjoy bc there might be a whole slew of Blessid Union of Souls songs coming up do to me getting the new CD)
Restless tonight cuz I wasted the light
Between both these times I drew a really thin line
It’s nothing I planned and not that I can
But you should be mine across that line
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn’t that be something
I promise I might not walk on by
Maybe next time but not this time
Even though I know I don’t want to know
Yeah I guess I know I just hate how it sounds
-Finger Eleven "One Thing"

1 Comments:
At 11:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
A good song it is.
Post a Comment
<< Home