Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Worse than Cancer

"Warts are harder to treat than skin cancer," said my dermatologist. Oh shit. That's all I need is something worse than cancer to treat. But she freezed the warts (which still throb every once in a while btw) and removed the moles (which occasionally bleed profusely). The kicker: she looks like she's not even 30!!! Weird to feel like a peer is my doctor. I'm sure this will only get worse as I get older. Oh, and for all of you who like to laugh at me, I managed to rip one of the sleeves of the gown I had to put on. So when the doc came in, I had half of the gown just hanging there. You would think that I would be intelligent enough to figure out a medical gown, but apparently not!!

Props today go to the USF student body who turned out for the basketball game vs Memphis tonight. The student section was PACKED and rockin (compared to Tulane games that is). It's cool to be at a school where the students almost care about the sports!!! I can't wait for the Cincy game next Thurs (on ESPN2, so watch for me!!).

So I went to Cara's on the way home from the game. Who would have thought that we'd be friends? We're so different in what we like. But it works somehow. And I got to talk to KT. Turns out we switched ailments...I had braces in hs, she got braces yesterday; I got moles removed today, she got them removed in hs. Funny how things like that work.

From Gloria's away message:
"happiness in life and fulfillment of all one's wishes are hardly ever the same thing"
hmmm....gotta ponder this one for a while.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    Maybe one can be happy without having their wishes fulfilled? Perhaps one can have their wishes granted and still not be happy? I dunno.

    Gloria rocks. We need to invite her out once we're in town together.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home