Love is a Battlefield
So the grand total for books for the semester (drum roll please)......$131.47. I was so excited. So it wasn't under $100, but it still is a record for me. And I found the Financial Aid office to fill out the Disaster Relief Fund App. My dad's advice to me when I was about to go in: "make sure you look poor." Props to my brother for telling me where the office is (even though I sort of misunderstood him).
Quote from Ali's away message:
"The truth about truth, is that it lies within lies." -Ali Kandil
I think he's onto something there.
No need for a letter to be chosen tonight to determine the lyrics. I have heard this song on my 80's station twice in the last 2 days, so I guess that means something.
We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield
You’re beggin’ me to go, you’re makin’ me stay
Why do you hurt me so bad?
It would help me to know
Do I stand in your way, or am I the best thing you’ve had?
Believe me, believe me, I can’t tell you why
But I’m trapped by your love, and I’m chained to your side
We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield
We’re losing control
Will you turn me away or touch me deep inside?
And before this gets old, will it still feel the same?
There’s no way this will die
But if we get much closer, I could lose control
And if your heart surrenders, you’ll need me to hold
We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield
-"Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar
Quote from Ali's away message:
"The truth about truth, is that it lies within lies." -Ali Kandil
I think he's onto something there.
No need for a letter to be chosen tonight to determine the lyrics. I have heard this song on my 80's station twice in the last 2 days, so I guess that means something.
We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield
You’re beggin’ me to go, you’re makin’ me stay
Why do you hurt me so bad?
It would help me to know
Do I stand in your way, or am I the best thing you’ve had?
Believe me, believe me, I can’t tell you why
But I’m trapped by your love, and I’m chained to your side
We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield
We’re losing control
Will you turn me away or touch me deep inside?
And before this gets old, will it still feel the same?
There’s no way this will die
But if we get much closer, I could lose control
And if your heart surrenders, you’ll need me to hold
We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield
-"Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar

1 Comments:
At 8:09 PM,
Vanessa said…
Watch 13 Going On 30. The song is quoted there as well, even used for giving advice. :-D
Post a Comment
<< Home