Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Friday, December 31, 2004

2004 in review

So it's the last day of 2004, so I'm gonna reminisce a little, so humor me. I spent 2004 mostly in 3 cities: NOLA, Pcola, and Tampa (I guess "Tampa" is too short to shorten somehow). I have worked 3 different paying jobs and one volunteer position, 2 of which I like to say were to try to better the world, 2 were serving people food and drinks. There were some extremely difficult times in those jobs, especially the ones that were trying to "better the world." It seems that not everyone can get on the same page in order to make the world a better place. I've been through 2 not so successful relationships, which were both painful but learning and growing experiences. I heard some interesting pickup lines and breakup lines from both the relationships and other chance meetings. One of the most interesting relationship theories I heard all year was "There is no such thing as an attractive girl who doesn't go psycho when she's in a relationship." I still like to ponder that one.

I walked in Tulane's commencement ceremony, officially closing one chapter of my book and rocked the first semester of COPH courses, starting a new one. I'm starting to feel like I might have found where I'm supposed to be, which is extremely freeing and empowering. I highly recommend it. I've spent some much needed time grounding myself with my family. I just cannot get enough of the Davis children, especially my "baby" Kristen. And of course, all along the way, I've had fantastic friends. Friends who will pick up their cell phone when it's almost 1am and sit up crying with me and telling me how much guys suck when a relationship has ended. Friends who create blogs so that we can try to find what we really think about relationships. Friends who know how to balance work and play (oh boy, do they ever). Friends who know what I need when I don't even know (most of the time laughter). Friends who keep me on my toes and always know how to bring me back down to the real world when I need a reality check. And friends who have come back into my life after a brief absence, those might be the most special of all. I love all y'all.

In case yall didn't remember, my New Year's Resolution for 2004 was carpe diem. With very few exceptions, I think I did just that. I got a lot accomplished in 2004 and have set in place the possibility to accomplish even more in 2005. I know I'm a day early, but my 2005 New Year's Resolution is to visit all those that I know in the state of Florida, particularly South Florida. This is not as easy as it sounds: there are people in Key West, Orlando, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, just to name a few. So good luck to me on that one. And if I don't get to tell everyone this: have a safe but fun New Year's Eve, and all the best in 2005. Oh, and even if you're not in FL, if you want me to visit, let me know! And ALL of you, keep in touch. I'm not that hard to get a hold of.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    2004 went by so quickly and it is nice to reflect. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Really. But you and I have both learned much, and I think that's the most important thing (So says the geek in me). 2005 should prove to be better, especially with a fantastic resolution like the one you posted. That should be lots of fun.

    I'm honored to be one of your friends. I must also say thanks for being a great friend. You're one of my closest. [sniffle, sigh, melodrama]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home