Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Holy Shit

That was my reaction last night when I was talking to Troy at the employee party. He was telling me that his friend Jamie ("the perfect guy for Lindsey" Troy had called him) has been screwing around with his friend Chris's wife Bridget for a couple months. Chris and Jamie have been best friends for 18 years, since middle school, and they were both groomsmen in Troy and Michelle's wedding in November. Jamie is supposed to be this well mannered, really good guy who would do anything for his friends and family. Troy knows Bridget pursued Jamie because Jamie wouldn't start something like that. But holy shit, after the first kiss, why didn't he stop it??? Now it all makes sense bc I saw Jamie and Bridget talking a lot during the wedding reception, but I didn't think anything of it. What sucks the most for Chris is that all of this came out on New Year's Eve. What a horrible time of year to find out.

Troy and I then started discussing how he, Michelle, and I are different kinds of people than the others who work at Seville. Most of the others think only about themselves and the present: what can make me happy right now. We discussed the fact that very few Seville employees believe in the sanctity of marriage, really they hold nothing sacred except alcohol (and drugs for some of them). It's no wonder that Troy, Michelle, and I have become friends. I even told Troy that I'm to the point in my life that I look for a wedding band first thing, and if I see one, my hands and eyes are off. I KNOW other Seville employees (I can think of a few waitresses immediately) don't hesitate even if there is a ring.

I still maintain that the one thing I cannot forgive is infidelity. Of course if you hit me, you're out. But excluding that, you will be kicked to the curb if you cheat on me. And I will find out even if you think you've covered it up.

So yeah, that was most of the employee party. No door prize this year :( Oh well, I still had a great time.

OMG, Cold Pizza is interviewing Rich Harden, who pitches for the Oakland A's, and he's HOT!!! I might have to watch the A's some this year. Hehehe.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    Heh heh, it looks like you've found your Tom Brady (of MLB). This is going to be great. And funny.

    I also have a zero tolerance policy on cheating.

    And I also do things with the futuristic mindset, minding what I do after considering consequences as opposed to acting on impulse (or pure carelessness).

    See ya tonight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home