Gone
So tonight's Mark's party. I hope it'll be a lot of fun and I'll meet lots of new people. I've decided that I love parties, but I hate everything pre- and post- party, whether or not I'm throwing it. I don't mind working on the details (I AM a virgo after all) but I hate the amount of details that are necessary. For example, for Mark's party, I spent 2.5 hours shopping for the right outfit. That doesn't sound too bad until you hear that I was only in 2 stores in that amount of time. And the outfit is still not exactly what I wanted, but it will work. Oh, and I've officially sold out: I bought pointy-toe sling backs. Never thought I would own pointy toe shoes ever. I still have to make jello shots, shower, shave, do hair, make up, and eat. While that won't take a lot of time to do, it still is a hell of a lot. Why wasn't I born a male where it wouldn't take me near as long to do all of this shit???
Anyways, I'm hoping that this song won't remind me of tonight by the end of the night. But it's another kick ass song off the new album. Oh, and it has one of the best lines I've heard in a while.
What you see's not what you get
With you there's just no measurement
No way to tell what's real from what isn't there
Your eyes they sparkle
That's all changed into lies that drop like acid rain
You washed away the best of me
You don't care
You know you did it
I'm gone
To find someone to live for in this world
There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight
Just a bridge that I gotta burn
You're wrong
If you think you can walk right through my door
That is just so you
Coming back when I've finally moved on
I'm already gone
Sometimes shattered never open
Nothing matters when you're broken
That was me whenever I was with you
Always ending always over
Back and forth, up and down like a rollercoaster
I am breaking that habit
Today
You know you did it
I'm gone
To find someone to live for in this world
There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight
Just a bridge that I gotta burn
You're wrong
If you think you can walk right through my door
That is just so you
Coming back when I've finally moved on
I'm already gone
There is nothing you can say
Sorry doesn't cut it, babe
Take the hint and walk away
'Cause I'm gone
Doesn't matter what you do
It's what you did that's hurting you
All I needed was the truth
Now I'm gone
-Kelly Clarkson "Gone"
Anyways, I'm hoping that this song won't remind me of tonight by the end of the night. But it's another kick ass song off the new album. Oh, and it has one of the best lines I've heard in a while.
What you see's not what you get
With you there's just no measurement
No way to tell what's real from what isn't there
Your eyes they sparkle
That's all changed into lies that drop like acid rain
You washed away the best of me
You don't care
You know you did it
I'm gone
To find someone to live for in this world
There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight
Just a bridge that I gotta burn
You're wrong
If you think you can walk right through my door
That is just so you
Coming back when I've finally moved on
I'm already gone
Sometimes shattered never open
Nothing matters when you're broken
That was me whenever I was with you
Always ending always over
Back and forth, up and down like a rollercoaster
I am breaking that habit
Today
You know you did it
I'm gone
To find someone to live for in this world
There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight
Just a bridge that I gotta burn
You're wrong
If you think you can walk right through my door
That is just so you
Coming back when I've finally moved on
I'm already gone
There is nothing you can say
Sorry doesn't cut it, babe
Take the hint and walk away
'Cause I'm gone
Doesn't matter what you do
It's what you did that's hurting you
All I needed was the truth
Now I'm gone
-Kelly Clarkson "Gone"

1 Comments:
At 12:07 AM,
Vanessa said…
You're absolutely right. Men don't spend nearly enough time grooming themselves as we women do.
So men don't have to carry babies to term or go through giving birth. They don't have to spend as much time to look fantastic. They make more money. They get to play professional sports and fans support them tremendously well.
Is it me, or is something just not stirring the kool-aid?
Post a Comment
<< Home