Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Far Behind

Looking back on it, I guess today has been pretty sucky. I managed to lose not only my bottle of Propel but also the Aquafina bottle I bought so that I would have something in class tonight. I think I know where I left the Propel, but I have no idea about the Aquafina. I think I might be losing my mind. I didn't get the job at the Harrell Center, and I couldn't even ask who got it bc they EMAILED me to tell me I didn't get the position. How rude. However, the whole day became a hell of a lot better when my tshirt came in. And it fits!!! I'm so excited.

2 days til Orlando. 5 days til the Super Bowl. That's 2 reasons to be excited right there.

But I could really use a back massage. Something we did at Jazzercise really killed my shoulders. At least there's a different instructor tomorrow (but understand this doesn't give me any less concern since Lisa almost always kills me).

I have loved this song since I first heard it sometime in like 1994. Oh, and the radio stations here in Tampa love playing it, so I'm enjoying it all over again.

Now maybe I didn’t mean to treat you bad
But I did it anyway
And now maybe
Some would say your life was sad but you lived it anyway
And now maybe
Your friends they stand beside they watch you crumble
As you falter to the ground
And now maybe
Your friends they stand beside as you were flying
Oh you were flying oh so high
But then some day people look at you for what they call their own
They watch you suffer
Yeah they hear you calling home
But then some day we could take our time
To brush the leaves aside so you can reach us
But you left me far behind
Now maybe I didn’t mean to treat you oh so bad
But I did it anyway
Now maybe some would say you’re left with what you had
But you couldn’t share the pain
Couldn’t share the pain they watch you suffer
Now maybe I could have made my own mistakes
But I live with what I’ve known
Yes maybe we might share in something great
But won’t you look at where we’ve grown
Won’t you look at where we’ve gone
But then someday comes tomorrow holds a sense of what I fear for you in my mind
As you trip the final lineAnd that cold day when you lost control
Shame you left my life so soon you should have told me
But you left me far behind
-Candlebox "Far Behind"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home