Let's Get Out of Here
Such a fun weekend. But it started off randomly. There are very few people in this world that are allowed to call me after about 11:30 pm, especially on weekends. If you want to know if you're on this list, just ask. But I got a drunk dial at 12:30 Fri night and I was not happy at all. I got pissed off since I was already asleep when the phone rang; needless to say I didn't pick it up. Oh, and if you're gonna call that late, it better be one of the following: 1) an emergency, 2) trying to meet up bc we're out and got separated, or 3) a booty call (and there are VERY specific restrictions on who can do these).
Gasparilla was so much fun. I ended up on the police barricade catching beads from the "floats." I really think that Mardi Gras in NOLA has ruined all other parades for me. Oh, and I started drinking at 10:30 AM, which was a first for me. I stopped drinking shortly before the parade and didn't start again til much later. All in all, Gasparilla was a good time.
Out with Mark and friends last night. Had even more to drink during this time. I am much better at both pool and darts when I am not entirely sober. I managed to sink at least one ball in each pool game I played. That's a really good night for me!!! When we got back to Mark's, we watched the cartoon Clerks episodes. I was actually pretty amused, probably bc I had really low expectations.
So here's the first (of many I'm sure) song off the new Blessid Union of Souls CD "Perception"
We walked in sat alone in a corner and faced the wall
Hiding behind the fear and shame
We talked but I just listened, she was sorry for it all
And that's how I found out my name so I said
Why can't we talk it over, it doesn't have to end this way
Don't you think I should have a say
Can we just talk it over, I must not pay for your mistakes
Let's grab our things and leave this place
Let's get out of here
It's not that I blame you for the human that you are
Just for the faith that you don't have
And I know you've told me a thousand times before
That it's the best thing for both of us right now but I say
Can we just talk it over, why does it have to end this way
I just seems I should have a say
Can we just talk it over, don't make me pay for your mistakes
Let's grab our things and leave this place
Let's get out of here
What are we doing here
Cuz I just question your intentions and your reasons for it all
And shouldn't someone else be here with us or have you done this before
And pardon me for sounding so insensitive to your feelings
But I got feelings of my own and you're about to hurt them
So why can't we talk this over there must be something I can say
That just might make you change your mind
After we talk things over you'll see we're not alone
Let's grab our things and blow this place
Let's get out of here
-BUOS "Let's Get Out of Here"
Gasparilla was so much fun. I ended up on the police barricade catching beads from the "floats." I really think that Mardi Gras in NOLA has ruined all other parades for me. Oh, and I started drinking at 10:30 AM, which was a first for me. I stopped drinking shortly before the parade and didn't start again til much later. All in all, Gasparilla was a good time.
Out with Mark and friends last night. Had even more to drink during this time. I am much better at both pool and darts when I am not entirely sober. I managed to sink at least one ball in each pool game I played. That's a really good night for me!!! When we got back to Mark's, we watched the cartoon Clerks episodes. I was actually pretty amused, probably bc I had really low expectations.
So here's the first (of many I'm sure) song off the new Blessid Union of Souls CD "Perception"
We walked in sat alone in a corner and faced the wall
Hiding behind the fear and shame
We talked but I just listened, she was sorry for it all
And that's how I found out my name so I said
Why can't we talk it over, it doesn't have to end this way
Don't you think I should have a say
Can we just talk it over, I must not pay for your mistakes
Let's grab our things and leave this place
Let's get out of here
It's not that I blame you for the human that you are
Just for the faith that you don't have
And I know you've told me a thousand times before
That it's the best thing for both of us right now but I say
Can we just talk it over, why does it have to end this way
I just seems I should have a say
Can we just talk it over, don't make me pay for your mistakes
Let's grab our things and leave this place
Let's get out of here
What are we doing here
Cuz I just question your intentions and your reasons for it all
And shouldn't someone else be here with us or have you done this before
And pardon me for sounding so insensitive to your feelings
But I got feelings of my own and you're about to hurt them
So why can't we talk this over there must be something I can say
That just might make you change your mind
After we talk things over you'll see we're not alone
Let's grab our things and blow this place
Let's get out of here
-BUOS "Let's Get Out of Here"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home