The Weekend
So the weekend was a lot of fun. I spent some time with Dunphy on both Thurs and Sat. We went to see the movie Ray, which includes a fantastic performance by Jamie Foxx, who I guess does deserve the Oscar instead of Leo now that I've seen it. We got a lot done at our meeting, including writing a rough draft of the bylaws for PACHEM. I got back a little before noon yesterday and started getting ready for Mark's Super Bowl party. That was also a lot of fun (esp bc the Pats won!).
On a more random note, a few entries ago, I posted the lyrics to a BUOS song. I want to clarify that when I first heard it and put it on here, I thought it was about a break-up. I no longer think that is the case. Go back and re-read and let me know what you think.
Oh, and weekend props go to 2 people: first, to Rick, the Higher Ed intern, for his reaction when he realized there could be alligators in the lake we were walking around. Second, to the Asian woman in Publix who let me go ahead of her yesterday since I only had one item. I made it to the Super Bowl party on time thanks to her.
And for just a couple quotes from the weekend.
"They have a clue, but they don't know which drawer it's in." -Bob
"Interpreting 21st century campus ministry to 18th century Presbyterians." -Tommy
On a more random note, a few entries ago, I posted the lyrics to a BUOS song. I want to clarify that when I first heard it and put it on here, I thought it was about a break-up. I no longer think that is the case. Go back and re-read and let me know what you think.
Oh, and weekend props go to 2 people: first, to Rick, the Higher Ed intern, for his reaction when he realized there could be alligators in the lake we were walking around. Second, to the Asian woman in Publix who let me go ahead of her yesterday since I only had one item. I made it to the Super Bowl party on time thanks to her.
And for just a couple quotes from the weekend.
"They have a clue, but they don't know which drawer it's in." -Bob
"Interpreting 21st century campus ministry to 18th century Presbyterians." -Tommy

2 Comments:
At 11:22 PM,
Vanessa said…
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, inferring too much, but it seems to me like the song is a plea to talk things out, hold on, and because letting go so fast hurts too much.
Boy, does it.
At 3:37 PM,
Residenseeeeeee said…
Listening to the song for about the 20th time in less than a week, I have decided that I think it's about a long lost mother and child reuniting. The mother still doesn't want a relationship with the child, but wanted to tell him/her his/her real name ("That's how I found out my name"). That's my new theory.
Post a Comment
<< Home