Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Superman

I got to go to Pasco County (everybody say Yee-haw) to the Mosquito Control District today. It was actually pretty interesting. But the director really looked like Freddie Mercury from Queen, except his teeth were actually in his mouth. I really wanted him to break into "We are the Champions" or maybe some "Bohemian Rhapsody," and it was really hard not to laugh when he was talking. Anyway, it was really interesting, plus it meant no class tonight.

Oh, and the Internet should be totally fixed this time. I have the guy's word on it (I also have his cell # in case it isn't). But he taught me how to look at the TV and tell if there's a signal problem. So that was cool.

I had many songs in my head today since every time I turned on the radio something good was on. So this song gets extra special highness today since I chose it over the other 20 that I was thinking about putting up here.

Ten pounds too much to the naked eye
I don't take the bus because she drives
Watermelon lipstick, and way too much
She got buttermilk smile and a thorny touch
Street smart, like a Courtney Love
Can't get enough Hollywood stories of
Anybody famous that can make her feel
Like they're all kinda friends in a way
No best friend, well one but she's crazy
Grew up to end up a Professor of lazy
The last of six kids that all left town
Seems nobody ever wanted them around
But she's cool like a soda can sittin' on ice
Always orders sushi, only eats the rice
Talks about J Lo like they're best of friends
I think she loves me, but it all depends
Hey baby, I don't wanna be your Superman
I just wanna be your man and I'll be super, baby
You'll be standin' in the sun shine
I'll be standin' right here in the rain
You save me and I will save the day
I got a sweet gig rakin' in the cash with karaoke
I get the crowd goin' when I sing the hokey pokey
I shake it to theleft and then I shake it to the right
What's not to love, man I'm on tonight
I got the LA stylie with the New York trim
Keep my pants so low
It's like I'm goin' for a swim
I got the Coppertone tan, like in Mexico
Well, not now but when I go, yea
I know you don't see me like a movie star
And it can't help much that I don't have no car
But you're my favorite thing, by far
That's gotta count for something
-Train "Save the Day"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home