Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

America's Pasttime

I grew up watching baseball. I knew what a "full count" was probably before I could even talk. So when a friend of mine brought a book to the Rays-Red Sox baseball game a couple weeks ago, I was totally shocked. I managed to get us free tickets, and we were right behind Manny Ramirez when he was in the field, and she brought a book to read!!! She also asked "why do they keep hitting it right at the guys? why don't they hit it where the guys aren't?" Sometimes I am totally amazed when stuff like that happens.

This past Sunday, I managed to stay up late and see Tommy get his 300th win. I missed all the innings he pitched, but I watched the rest of the game all the way until the end. I was so happy for him, especially since at least a handful of us were skeptical if he would get there when he went to the Mets. So for a very brief moment in time, I rooted for the Mets. But now it's down to business, and I'm returning to normal to support my Braves so they reach the post-season.

And then that leaves me with Bonds. I told both my parents that I am sad that I will have to tell future generations that Bonds is the Homerun Leader. I will never refer to him as the Homerun King, but he is the Homerun Leader. But I suppose I will congratulate Bonds for now. My hope is that A-Rod or someone else breaks Bonds's record really soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home