Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Friday, March 04, 2005

Good Enough

So I was sitting in the Lakeland Center last night and I realized that Monday was my half birthday. Well, happy belated half birthday to me I guess.

Let me tell you, it was so freaky to be in the Lakeland Center again. I sat behind the bench that we sat on for both games during our state finals experience 8 years ago. I seem to remember there being stands behind both baskets, but one of them had a black curtain behind it instead. During the warm up of both games, they played "The Train" by Quad City DJ's, which made me think of warming up in the locker room before games to that song. I felt like yelling to everyone that I had been here and done that since I'm sure few people in the room (other than maybe some current players and coaches) have a ring like I do. It really was amazing to be back there bc I don't really remember much of the experience itself.

Oh, and Lake Mary lost. But Winter Haven won. So go Eastside and Deerfield Beach in the finals on Sat. Those are my picks. Put money on them.

As for everything else, my SAS group has now come to life for the most part. I think they realize that our project is due in 3 days and we have nothing. Hopefully we'll get it all done before Sun night and I won't be up late doing it.

Sorry for getting back to back Darren. Actually, no I'm not; there's a reason why he's 1 of my 2 fav artists. Deal with it. This song just always makes me think about life in general, not necessarily any one situation. It's absolutely beautiful.

If I woke up late couldn’t get out of bed
If I bought you a café latte instead
If I lied when I said 32 inches was the size of my waist
And if I admit every once in a while
Even though I dig alternative style
Occasionally I can be caught dancin’ to Britney
And can I confess that art house doesn’t turn me on
But I like every single thing that Spielberg’s done (Except A.I.)
Could I be good enough
Could I be good enough
If the going got worse and the worse got rough
The days became endless and harder than tough
I’d be good enough
Better than best would be simply to be good enough
If everything I give doesn’t seem like a lot
If it’s all that I got
Baby tell that could be good enough
Where I grew up the rent was cheap
But we always had enough to eat
Didn’t have fancy clothes
I never really cared coz there were shoes on my toes
And motherly love I knew it like the back of my hand
She always had a way to make me understand
Coz I don’t know which way this road is gonna turn
But I know it’s gonna be fine
But there are some days no matter how much I’ve learned
That the road gets tough and I don’t feel good enough
But if you’re giving me some of that loving
Could you pass some over
Let me cry on your shoulder and tell me baby I could be good enough
If I lost my job and my hair fell out
If I made no sense and I scream and shout
Would you laugh at me? Never take a word I say seriously
And if I’m out in the cold waiting in the back of the line
Too afraid to drop my name for fear of decline
I need to know that I could be good enough
Because everybody wants to feel good enough
Show me baby Tell me
Come on a prove it baby Give it to me
-Darren Hayes "Good Enough"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home