Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Zona

Before I talk about Arizona, I just have to say that Blogger is really frustrating me lately. I can never tell if a post actually was posted or not bc even when I refresh the blog page, it still doesn't come up. I really hate technology sometimes.

But Arizona was really cool. Literally and figuratively. I think I took my sweater off once and that was only bc it was right around noon and I was sitting in the sun. I no longer have any sympathy when their temps are 115 in the summer; it's probably my equivalent of about 90. I passed 3 cacti that were no joke between 15 and 20 feet tall. And I saw bunny rabbits running around! So very fun to see different flora and fauna. But the whole dirt being dusty really was weird. My black shoes are no longer black due to the dusty nature of the dirt. Ooh, and I saw Sun Devil Stadium on the way to the airport this morning.

The conference was cool too. I was in a Q and A session with the moderator of the Pres Church of Cameroon about their efforts to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS. I also heard about the health issues in Malawi. I was never really interested in Africa, so I made myself learn about these 2 countries and almost became interested. I even met a couple who spent time in Gulf Breeze; not just that, the husband did his internship AT MY CHURCH. "It's a small world after all..." Anyway, I enjoyed meeting lots of different people and I think it will really help with writing my paper.

Sort of sadly, the highlight of the trip might have been the shuttle ride to the airport this morning. I was sitting with a retired OB/GYN and an almost retired dentist (both men). The dentist kept cracking not-so-clean jokes which made my mouth drop a couple times. Here is the best statement he made:

Dentist (to the Ob/Gyn): "Well, you got the better end, at least there aren't any teeth to deal with and you won't get bitten!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home