Integration
I'm sitting in Computer Apps right now, and it's not too bad. I'm sort of playing with the design views in Access and of course inserting weird words in the boxes. I wanted to do a quick post though about something my prof said about an hour ago. He was showing us other statistical programs like matlab, mathematica, and mplus (all of which I hate). He was using Mathematica to show us that we can do mathematical computations on it. He took the integral of x and it outputted 1/2 x^2. He looked at us and asked if anyone had had calculus and if the program did the integration correctly!
I was absolutely floored that someone with a PhD in biostatistics couldn't remember how to integrate a simple function. Granted, it took me a minute to remember, but shouldn't someone with a PhD in a math field know how to take simple integrals???
I was absolutely floored that someone with a PhD in biostatistics couldn't remember how to integrate a simple function. Granted, it took me a minute to remember, but shouldn't someone with a PhD in a math field know how to take simple integrals???

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home