Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Thursday, March 31, 2005

My Personal CD

- Create your personal CD -

Track 1: Your favorite song.-
Three way tie in alphabetical order by title- "Again" by Janet Jackson, "Beautiful in My Eyes" by Joshua Kadison, and "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin: So I did all the other tracks and came back to this one. The first two are from middle school and are still so powerful to me. "Again" is just one of the most beautiful and painful songs I've ever heard. "Beautiful in My Eyes" really does make me cry and will be my first dance song at my wedding when/if that happens. "Piece of My Heart" is so therapeutic.

Track 2: Your Earliest Memory of A Song-
"Every Breath You Take" by the Police: I used to sing this song all the time when I was a kid. I have no idea why.

Track 3: A significant song from childhood- elementary school, let's say.-
"Kokomo" by the Beach Boys: I have no idea why the girls in my class loved to sing this, but I can vividly remember sitting in the music room one day and all the girls singing this.

Track 4: A significant song from middle school.-
"The Sign" by Ace of Base: This is tough bc this is when I really got into music. The Sign was #1 for all of 1993 and one line reminds me of my first break-up: "And I am happy now living without you, I've left you..."

Track 5: Your first relationship-
"I'll Stand By You" By The Pretenders : While this was not technically my first relationship since I guess I count the one in elementary school, I'm going with this song because it is one of my all-time favs and it almost brings me to tears everytime I hear it. Oh, and it does make me think of the boyfriend in 7th grade.

Track 6: A significant song from high school.-
"I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith : Went to see Armageddon with the guy I had a crush on for over 2 years. I still to this day have not watched the movie again because that was such a meaningful moment for me. Of course, this song always made me think of him too. Just goes to show that you really do need to step out in faith sometimes and that you will regret more the things you don't do than those that you do.

Track 7: A song that you sang along to the first time you drove on your own, with the windows down and the wind in your hair and the stereo turned up really loud.-
"Bye Bye Bye" by NSYNC: I know this wasn't the first one that I sang to, but it was most definitely one of them (and doing the dance of course).

Track 8: Your senior class or senior prom song-
"I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan and "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton: The former is our senior class song and is another song that nearly brings me to tears every time I hear it. The latter was played at both junior and senior prom and makes me think of dancing with my dates. Why did I take crushes as my dates? Warn anyone you know who's around prom age that this is NOT a good idea!

Track 9: An important song from graduation or summer after graduation.-
"I Try" by Macy Gray and "I Hope You Dance" by Leann Womack: The former was just everywhere. I saw the latter performed before it was released and exploded. I think a lot of my friends wrote parts of the lyrics in my yearbook.

Track 10: A song from your first year in college.-
"All Or Nothing" by O-Town : This is actually from the summer afterwards. Makes me think of dealing with John all summer long when he and Kelly were split up. Anyone remember O-town's other one "We Fit Together"? My roommate and I loved that song for some reason. Hehehehe.

Track 11: A song that reminds you of your first love.-
"Peace and Love" by Blessid Union of Souls: While I don't claim to have been in love with anyone, the 2 year crush guy from high school is closest. This song is one of my favorites and I put it on a tape for him when he was leaving for college. "I'm gonna miss you, but I only wish you peace and love"

Track 12: The song you listened to after your first real breakup (Come on, admit it. You had one.)- "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morisette: I'm not sure what songs I listened to for the earliest breakups, so this is the most common song listened to. Haha, especially after the last 2. Although I've not only listened to it, but I've karaoked it for those.

Track 13: A song that describes your relationship with your current love/crush/infatuation/fixation.-
"I Want You" by Savage Garden and "Stong Enough" by Sheryl Crow: The former is not really about anyone in particular, but it fits for any of the above categories and is a good song. You don't think I could make a CD without some SG did you? The second is just a warning to any guy that might get involved with me; he better be strong enough to handle everything that comes with me.

Track 14: A song that you think describes you pretty well during this time period-
"Miss Independent" by Kelly Clarkson: While the falling in love part isn't quite right, this song can describe me pretty well right now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home