Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter!!!

The most joyous day in the Christian faith was today. I must say that it was really really weird to not have organ music and bells and brass making lots of noise to "Jesus Christ is Risen Today." I could hear myself singing, which hasn't happened to that song in years. I guess that's what I get for going to a new church. But the service was good, even though I really don't remember much about the sermon and I wish we had sung "Thine is the Glory." I know, I know, if I'm gonna complain, I need to be in charge and change it. That's the Presbyterian way.

Yesterday's Easter Egg Hunt was a lot of fun as well. I actually won the adult basket that I was signing people up for. Oh well, another bottle of wine that I guess I eventually have to drink. Hehehe. I used some of the stuff for our baskets today. Alice loved her first ever Easter basket btw! Oh, and I jumped in the moonwalk thing with the pastor's wife and family. That was really entertaining.

So it's been a good weekend. I am gonna win the family pool unless Ry beats me in the tiebreaker, which is only likely if they go to OT in the championship game. 3 of the games into OT though, that's a new record.

So I will leave you with the words to that hymn that defines Easter for me.

Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia!
Our triumphant holy day, Alleluia!
Who did once upon the cross, Alleluia!
Suffer to redeem our loss. Alleluia!
Hymns of praise then let us sing, Alleluia!

Unto Christ, our heavenly king, Alleluia!
Who endured the cross and grave, Alleluia!
Sinners to redeem and save. Alleluia!
But the pains which he endured, Alleluia!

Our salvation have procured; Alleluia!
Now above the sky he’s king, Alleluia!
Where the angels ever sing. Alleluia!
Sing we to our God above, Alleluia!

Praise eternal as his love; Alleluia!
Praise him, all you heavenly host, Alleluia!
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Alleluia!
-"Jesus Christ is Risen Today!"

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Residenseeeeeee said…

    Yes, I'm commenting on my own entry.

    I meant to mention that my pastor lost his sermon notes yesterday and told us so before the sermon. He WINGED the Easter sermon. That's some serious balls and talent to do that on the most important day in the Christian faith.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home