Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Monday, July 04, 2005

Saludos de la RD

First of all, I apologize to my regular readers (all 2 of you). There has been little internet access for me here in the DR and when I can use it, it´s usually not for long. So I´ve basically only been using one email address and doing nothing else online since I got here 29 days ago.

Yes, I am over 2/3 of the way thru this trip. It has been frustrating and rewarding at the same time. My Spanish is much better, but still not great. I have done just about everything with the computer programs that I´ve been asked to do. I just need to write directions on how to use them and train the secretary. That should take a while since she doesn´t know much about computers at all. I am counting down the days until I go to the capital (9) and then come back to the US (12). I can´t wait to have hot running water and AC again. There´s nothing worse than being at a comfortable temperature and having to dump cold water on yourself to take a shower. It´s quite masochistic.

But I wanted to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July. I am wearing red, white, and blue, listening to Elvis, and gonna eat a hamburger for dinner. Wish I could watch all the fireworks though.

Anyways, just wanted to post really quickly for my loyal readers that have probably abandoned this site by now. I promise to post more, maybe even pics, after I get back to the States July 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home