Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Carry on

So normal BS around here. Insurance company didn't want to pay for all my malaria medicine, so I had to get an override, which of course required about 50 phone calls to get done. Gotta love bureaucracy. Meeting with the dean of the COPH went ok; they basically said "that's fine, but we would change the career fair around to be like this..." So we're adapting our trains of thought to sort of appeal to the higher ups. Ugh.

Other than thought, not too much going on except getting ready for Germany. I'll make the necessary bank run tomorrow and then packing. Fun fun. I leave in less than 48 hours!

This song is dedicated to my brother since it is one of his theme songs, as decided upon by my mother.

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more
Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher
But I flew too high
Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more
Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more
Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
The center lights around your vanity
But surely heaven waits for you
-Kansas "Carry on my Wayward Son"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home