Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Monday, May 09, 2005

M Day

Yesterday was a good Mother's Day. At least, as far as I could tell since I'm not a mother. But I think my mom had a good day. Ry and I got her flowers and Hardees "gavy bickit" in the morning. We also gave her the assorted gifts that I got in Arizona. She loved both. She then went and did some yard work and pool sweeping at the house. She wouldn't let me do any of that for her, so I just let her go.

Then dinner at Skopelo's. Yum! We had a Jack Daniels shrimp appetizer ($10.95 for 5 shrimp!) and I had a filet mignon wrapped in bacon. We all had dessert too, but I prefer my Bistro or Cheesecake Factory cheesecake to Skopelo's version. We put the dinner on Ry's credit card, and it was really funny to see him pay a credit card bill (I've never seen him do it before!) And of course, Ryan stole the waiter's pen ("If I'm gonna pay $130 for a meal, then I'm sure as hell gonna take the pen!") So much like my father in his stubborness it's scary.

Desperate Housewives was great last night. After it, I went down to Seville, only to find that Brendon wasn't working and George's karaoke equipment was shot to hell bc of the loft leaking. So no karaoke at all this trip home. :( George looked good; he says he's quit drinking and is on Strattera ("I'm a multi-taskin mothafucker"). Apparently, I'm the only one to notice he's lost some weight though. I did talk to Chassidy and Mikey a little while I was there. Mikey bought everyone a shot, which I'm really surprised didn't make me sick since it had 2 kinds of Absolut in it. But I was home by 10:30, my earliest night so far while home.

Tonight is birthday dinner with Kelly. I guess I need to get her a card and wrap her gift. And then after that hopefully 24 and my dad checking to see if I really do owe the IRS $90. I'm glad this trip was a little longer than the ones in the past have been. I just wonder when I'm gonna get to come back...

Baby when I think about
The day that we first met
Wasn't lookin for what I found
But I found you
And I'm bound to find happiness in being around you
I'm glad when I'm makin love to you
I'm glad for the way you make me feel
I love it cause you seem to blow my mind every time
I'm glad when you walk you hold my hand
I'm happy that you know how to be a man
I'm glad that you came into my life
I'm so glad
I dig the way that you get down
You get down thugged out
And you still know how to hold me
Perfect blend, masculine
I think I'm in love, damn finally
I'm glad that you turned out to be
That certain someone special
Who makes this life worth living
I'm glad you're here just loving me
So say that you won't leave
Cause since the day you came
I've been glad
-Jennifer Lopez "I'm Glad"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home