Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Monday, August 22, 2005

Being a kid

Sometimes it's just good to feel like a kid again. I spent last week in Rome with my extended family. Much of this time was spent either at the preschool my aunt runs or with my cousins who are all under the age of 11. I helped with elementary school homework, read stories, and at times ran around playing like a kid. Kristen, the 6 yr old, almost beat me in fooseball (sp?) (final score was 10-9 me). That girl is very athletically talented.

I got to see my granparents and both aunts on the other side of the family. My Aunt Linda told me that she and I need to find a good man for my Aunt Jan "since she can't do it herself." How wrong is that to say about your own sister??? But it is unfortunately true. She doesn't have a good track record. I was with my grandparents on their 55th wedding anniversary. Btw, they didn't get each other anything for it, and my granddaddy went to the hs football game while my grandmother went to bed. Such an exciting anniversary huh?

Of course, the major topic of discussion was Joe. Everyone wanted to know about him and wanted to see a picture. Unfortunately, the only pic I had of him is on my laptop and I didn't take my laptop to my grandparents' so not many people got to see what he looks like. But they were all excited that I had a boyfriend. The girls and my aunt kept making kissing noises every time I talked to him on the phone. So mature.

So we heard this song on the way to the Birmingham airport on my way back. Whitney, Anna, and I were rocking out in the backseat. And I'm gonna dedicate it to my grandparents who have now been married for over 55 years.

So she said what's the problem baby
What's the problem I don't know
Well maybe I'm in love (love)
Think about it every time I think about it
Can't stop thinking 'bout it
How much longer will it take to cure this
Just to cure it cause I can't ignore it if it's love (love)
Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don't know nothing 'bout love
Come on, come on
Turn a little faster
Come on, come on
The world will follow after
Come on, come on
Cause everybody's after love
So I said I'm a snowball running
Running down into the spring that's coming all this love
Melting under blue skies
Belting out sunlight
Shimmering love
Well baby I surrender to the strawberry ice cream
Never ever end of all this love
Well I didn't mean to do it
But there's no escaping your love
These lines of lightning
Mean we're never alone, Never alone, no, no
Come on, Come on
Move a little closer
Come on, Come on
I want to hear you whisper
Come on, Come on
Settle down inside my love
Come on, come on
Jump a little higher
Come on, come on
If you feel a little lighter
Come on, come on
We were onceupon a time in love
We're accidentally in love
-"Accidentally in Love" Counting Crows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home