Hemi-versary
Yes I know I said it would be sooner this time, but it's actually later. I apologize.
The big thing to report is that today is mine and Joe's Hemi-versary, as one classmate coined it. We've been together for 6 months today. Now I know you're asking why I'm writing this instead of with him, but the answer to that is simple. I had a meeting and then class tonight, so we couldn't really celebrate today. He did send me an ecard though. Plus I do have to mention the lengths he went to on Friday so we could celebrate early. He made dinner (mozarella chicken, broccoli, pasta, and angelfood cake plus wine) and got me roses. So sweet and mostly unexpected (I thought we were going to Moe's for burritos). Alan says I'm training him well, but he's really not needing all that much training.
So that's the big news. I leave for Jersey Fri morning for my next to last PACHEM meeting.
And I'm not sure if I've put these up or not, but oh well. They're for you Joe, and yes it's country; DEAL WITH IT.
Baby I bought wine and roses on my way home
Yeah I know we can't afford it but life doesn't last too long
This world has gone half-crazy
And knocked us both to our knees
I'm fumbling for the words to try to tell ya
I love you for hangin' onto me
When anyone else would've been long gone
Packed it up and headed back home
And not a soul would blame you after what I put you through
Yeah anyone else would've gone insane
Called the game on a count of rain
Anyone else, anyone else
Anyone but you
Mayday baby, all the rivets popped loose, it's a total tailspin
Too much grindstone, too little time with you
You know it's wearing thin
Baby let's trade in these teardrops
For warm kisses on skin
You got a drawer full of IOU's
And it's high time you called those things in
When anyone else would've been long gone
Packed it up and headed back home
And not a soul would blame you after what I put you through
Yeah anyone else would've gone insane
Called the game on a count of rain
Anyone else, anyone else
Anyone but you
You've passed up so many chances
To walk right out that door
Instead of dodging a champagne cork
And watchin' the wet clothes fall to the floor
-"Anyone Else" Collin Raye
The big thing to report is that today is mine and Joe's Hemi-versary, as one classmate coined it. We've been together for 6 months today. Now I know you're asking why I'm writing this instead of with him, but the answer to that is simple. I had a meeting and then class tonight, so we couldn't really celebrate today. He did send me an ecard though. Plus I do have to mention the lengths he went to on Friday so we could celebrate early. He made dinner (mozarella chicken, broccoli, pasta, and angelfood cake plus wine) and got me roses. So sweet and mostly unexpected (I thought we were going to Moe's for burritos). Alan says I'm training him well, but he's really not needing all that much training.
So that's the big news. I leave for Jersey Fri morning for my next to last PACHEM meeting.
And I'm not sure if I've put these up or not, but oh well. They're for you Joe, and yes it's country; DEAL WITH IT.
Baby I bought wine and roses on my way home
Yeah I know we can't afford it but life doesn't last too long
This world has gone half-crazy
And knocked us both to our knees
I'm fumbling for the words to try to tell ya
I love you for hangin' onto me
When anyone else would've been long gone
Packed it up and headed back home
And not a soul would blame you after what I put you through
Yeah anyone else would've gone insane
Called the game on a count of rain
Anyone else, anyone else
Anyone but you
Mayday baby, all the rivets popped loose, it's a total tailspin
Too much grindstone, too little time with you
You know it's wearing thin
Baby let's trade in these teardrops
For warm kisses on skin
You got a drawer full of IOU's
And it's high time you called those things in
When anyone else would've been long gone
Packed it up and headed back home
And not a soul would blame you after what I put you through
Yeah anyone else would've gone insane
Called the game on a count of rain
Anyone else, anyone else
Anyone but you
You've passed up so many chances
To walk right out that door
Instead of dodging a champagne cork
And watchin' the wet clothes fall to the floor
-"Anyone Else" Collin Raye

1 Comments:
At 11:28 PM,
Vanessa said…
Mazel tov!
Post a Comment
<< Home