Yesterday, Today, and Forever

This is the story of my life and I write it everyday I know it isn't black and white and it's anything but gray

Friday, October 28, 2005

The night before

So done with Comps. Only took me about an hour to do them, and I was amazed how easy they were. But I don't understand how the biostatistics section had NO calculation questions. I thought that was ridiculous. Even if I missed all of the questions I wasn't sure of, I'll still pass. That's a good feeling. I would think that most of the people passed this exam; it seemed really easy (except the damn HPM portion).

What I have left to do by next Thurs night: A & P midterm (wish I weren't a perfectionist and didn't have to get all the questions right to be happy....takes up a lot of weekend time), Infectious Disease Epi (IE from now on) 10 min presentation, IE paper, Clinical Trials (CT) article critique, Exotic and Emerging Infectious Disease (EE) test, EE group project outline. Wow, that's a lot and I don't know how I'm gonna get it all done. But I will, like always.

And now for some things I've been ruminating about recently:
  • Why is it that when I'm not at work one day, I have all this work pile up on my desk which takes me about one day to catch up on, but during that one day when I'm catching up on it, nothing ever comes? I wish it would be a steady stream of work instead of me busting my ass one day and then doing almost nothing the next.
  • On 97x this morning, they were making a "stripper music 97x style CD" (97x is alternative). One DJ said "Jack Johnson and Coldplay" while the other said things like "Nine Inch Nails' Closer." Apparently most of the listeners agreed with the latter, and the most disturbing contribution was one guy suggesting "Down with the Sickness." I guess I'm not into the dark, rhythmic music like the DJ said.
  • So I think I have to take back something I said a while ago. I said that I didn't care what was going on in my ex's life. But that's a lie. I discovered that CK is now single in a roundabout way, and it just sort of made me smile. I'm so bad, I know.
  • I'm still just amazed at girls who have no clue about sports. If you don't know something, don't blurt out something dumb; wait til you're in private to ask. My roommate's boyfriend and I were discussing the UGA/UF game and mentioned the "cocktail party." My roommate was like "cocktail party? I thought it was a football game???" Amazing.
  • So last night in class (EE), we were discussing West Nile Virus, and the speaker said that alligators can get it and it can kill them. I was sitting next to a girl who I knew went to UF for undergrad, so in the spirit of the weekend, I said "die, Gator, die." She didn't enjoy it, but I did.

So let's all do a collective GOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS! Oh, and let's pray that we win. It's the one game of the season I want to win every year.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    14-10, eat it :)

    Undefeated my ass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home