Long Time Gone
Yes, I know it's been over a month. But the month of November was insane. It flew by. It's Dec 4th already. I have my tree up and ornaments on it and presents under it. I should put the lights up outside, but I don't know when I'll have time. Quick ACSWP meeting in Atlanta the last 2 days was COLD. I seriously don't know how to layer; I'm definitely a Florida girl. I got to see Rachel Parsons, former NNPCW intern. She took me back to the airport yesterday so we got to talk for a while. She is doing well and happy in a relationship. In fact, she borrowed her girlfriend's car to take me to the airport. I'm really glad she's happy and enjoying her time in seminary. It's always good to see NNPCW ladies.
Thanksgiving was wonderful, and it really was a time of thanks giving. Dad had blood clots in his lungs after the shoulder surgery, and should not have lived past the weekend before Tgiving. Miraculously, he not only survived, but never felt like he was in distress. Despite having to change my plans almost last minute, it was one of the best Thanksgivings I've ever had. Because my mother did not tell me anything was wrong until he was pretty much out of the woods, I had no idea how fortunate we were to still have him until I heard him tell other people the stories. Most of the time I take for granted the many things I should be so incredibly thankful for. That weekend helped me realize some very important ones.
One a much lighter note, all I can say is: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS! They won the SEC championship convincingly over the much hated LSU Tigers. Order the rings!!! It's off to the Sugar Bowl where they meet the West VA Mountaineers. Good job boys, now Finish the Drill. And congrats to USF who is playing in the Meineke Car Care Bowl on New Year's Eve. I can't wait for the bowls!
Thanksgiving was wonderful, and it really was a time of thanks giving. Dad had blood clots in his lungs after the shoulder surgery, and should not have lived past the weekend before Tgiving. Miraculously, he not only survived, but never felt like he was in distress. Despite having to change my plans almost last minute, it was one of the best Thanksgivings I've ever had. Because my mother did not tell me anything was wrong until he was pretty much out of the woods, I had no idea how fortunate we were to still have him until I heard him tell other people the stories. Most of the time I take for granted the many things I should be so incredibly thankful for. That weekend helped me realize some very important ones.
One a much lighter note, all I can say is: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS! They won the SEC championship convincingly over the much hated LSU Tigers. Order the rings!!! It's off to the Sugar Bowl where they meet the West VA Mountaineers. Good job boys, now Finish the Drill. And congrats to USF who is playing in the Meineke Car Care Bowl on New Year's Eve. I can't wait for the bowls!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home